Got bulldogs?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
knifetime

Got bulldogs?

Post by knifetime »

Let's see your favorite Bulldog.Hear is one of mine.My wife has claimed this one for her own,what's a man to do.lol
Attachments
IMAG0275.JPG
IMAG0277.JPG
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
slimpickins

Re: Got bulldogs?

Post by slimpickins »

Nice one Knifetime, too bad it's not yours anymore :lol: Here one I favor.Slim
Attachments
IMG_0650.JPG
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Boy she is a nice en Slim.Thanks for posting it for us to see.
Hear are a few more out the one's I have that I favor.
Don't laugh at the little pen knives, they are some of the best made Bulldogs I have.LoL
Attachments
1994BullDogBKC #676.JPG
DSCF0255.JPG
DSCF0144.JPG
bulldogpup2.JPG
dblstagandhorn.jpg
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
slimpickins

Post by slimpickins »

Knifetime, I don't think all the Bulldog knives that came out of the Olbertz factory were 1st class.Nice group. ::tu:: Slim
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Thank you.
sharpen your knife !!!
bkazz5

Post by bkazz5 »

Here's one of my favorites. I have posted this on another thread but thought it wouldn't hurt to post it here too.
Attachments
2013-01-17_19-04-06_297.jpg
2013-01-17_19-05-55_117.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I didn't think I had anything to add to this thread but there I go, wrong again. I have a couple of Bulldog Cotton Samplers I've had for 10+ years. I've always assumed the handles are acrylic. Anyone know for sure?

Please excuse the poor picture.
Attachments
Bull Dog Cotton Sampler 02.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
big monk

Post by big monk »

Great Stag on that beauty, bkazz5 ::tu:: _________Jerry,I don't know,but I was thinkin' these 2006 Bulldog Barlows,that I have are ""Acrylic"" ???? I have them in a case with other knives, and so far""no problems"" ****Maybe someone will come along and fill us in !!!!! ::hmm::
Attachments
2006 Bulldog Barlow.jpg
2006 Bulldog Barlow (2).jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Yes Jerry they should be,if they were made in the last 10 years.very nice knives.
Nice Bulldogs guy's thanks for posting.
sharpen your knife !!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Those Cotton Samplers are 1996 (Love it when they stamp the year on the tang. No code, no guessing.)
Attachments
Bulldog Cotton Samplers Tang Stamp.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
slimpickins

Post by slimpickins »

Nice Bulldogs fellas. Just looked at one of my posts on this thread. Knifetime' what I meant to say was I think all the Bulldogs that came out of the Olbertz factory were 1st class ::dang:: sorry bro,sometimes my brain and my fingers don't work together. Here's another of mine I like a lot. Parker called this oyster shell and I was wondering if it to was acrylic?Slim
Attachments
IMG_0662.JPG
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

slimpickins wrote:Nice Bulldogs fellas. Just looked at one of my posts on this thread. Knifetime' what I meant to say was I think all the Bulldogs that came out of the Olbertz factory were 1st class ::dang:: sorry bro,sometimes my brain and my fingers don't work together. Here's another of mine I like a lot. Parker called this oyster shell and I was wondering if it to was acrylic?Slim
LoL that's what I thought you meant.They are very well made knives,at least the ones I have seem to be.

There is "oyster shell" and they made knives with that material but if it is synthetic it depends on win it was made.All the ones I have and have saw that were made after about 1990s are acrylic.Are you sure that is synthetic ?
sharpen your knife !!!
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

I will tell you something that I have noticed about acrylic,it looks like it has a clear coat over the handle and the cellod looks flat."no clear coat over it"So if it looks like there is a thick clear coat over the scales thin most of the time it is acrylic.Just my observation.
sharpen your knife !!!
Willy

Post by Willy »

My favorite Bulldogs are the early ones .... any model as long as it has the old style stag on it. If I had to pick a favorite model Id say it would be a Muskrat ... Ive got one in one of the folders but not in this picture... ..Im thinking maybe I should post a recent picture of "Olive" ::nod::
Attachments
stag_group.jpg
Willy

Post by Willy »

Olive.. she was a sigfield dancer in the 1920's Lived hard and died young and good looking .... I know its not in the official Bulldog book any more but it is a favorite... I hope scrimshaw nudity is allowed.. Wouldn't want to offend anyone :shock:
Attachments
olive1.jpg
olive2.jpg
tnkingfish

Post by tnkingfish »

heres a few bulldog cells
Attachments
102_0824.JPG
102_0824.JPG (41.33 KiB) Viewed 7451 times
102_0826.JPG
102_0826.JPG (46.22 KiB) Viewed 7451 times
102_0827.JPG
102_0827.JPG (43.32 KiB) Viewed 7451 times
102_0828.JPG
102_0828.JPG (26.27 KiB) Viewed 7451 times
102_0829.JPG
102_0829.JPG (47.69 KiB) Viewed 7451 times
102_0830.JPG
102_0830.JPG (45.86 KiB) Viewed 7451 times
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Willy wrote:Olive.. she was a sigfield dancer in the 1920's Lived hard and died young and good looking .... I know its not in the official Bulldog book any more but it is a favorite... I hope scrimshaw nudity is allowed.. Wouldn't want to offend anyone :shock:
Allowed and welcome,thanks for posting hear for us to see.It is a great knife.
sharpen your knife !!!
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Fish,most of those should be acrylic.I know the 2congress and the toothpick are.Great knives
sharpen your knife !!!
basser5

Post by basser5 »

There are some nice knives on this thread ::drool::

Here's is one of my favorites............

Tim
Attachments
102.JPG
My name is Tim and i'm a stagoholic.
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Willy wrote:Olive.. she was a sigfield dancer in the 1920's Lived hard and died young and good looking .... I know its not in the official Bulldog book any more but it is a favorite... I hope scrimshaw nudity is allowed.. Wouldn't want to offend anyone :shock:
Why was it removed Willy.
sharpen your knife !!!
Willy

Post by Willy »

Its still posted... as long as were talking about the scrimshaw knife....

I posted a few pictures of knives I had made at the factory... I don't have any of them any more but my son does... I had 5 made of each handle and no blade etch... They are rare for sure..I've never seen one of them for sale since I sold them ..
Attachments
2bark2.jpg
2bark2.jpg (45.64 KiB) Viewed 7429 times
3barkmastodon2.jpg
3barkmastodon2.jpg (47.5 KiB) Viewed 7429 times
bark.jpg
bark.jpg (29.04 KiB) Viewed 7429 times
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Very cool knives,thanks for posting.
sharpen your knife !!!
slimpickins

Post by slimpickins »

Sorry Knifetime for not responding right away, been gone for a few days. The oyster shell whittler is stamped 1993 and does appear to have a clear-coat so probably acrylic, also has no signs of gassing. Sl;im
henry

Post by henry »

How about this one????
E-mail me if interested.
Attachments
Picture 011.jpg
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

I think they are some of the nicest looking ones they did "peacock",supper nice looking etch and the waterfall handles is some of my favorite stuff with pinched bolsters and a Sowbelly to boot what more could a man want in a knife.Thanks for showing it to us. ::tu::
sharpen your knife !!!

Return to “European-made knives”