Copper head

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Forcedoutage

Copper head

Post by Forcedoutage »

This knife came for sale a few days ago on the AAPK store. Dark grooves stag, looks like sambar to me. Never seen this model without the rabbit hound etch. Any information on it? This seller has several with the darker stag (more of the grooves Vrs outer). He has several nice knives listed.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (20.07 KiB) Viewed 4552 times
olderdogs1

Re: Copper head

Post by olderdogs1 »

Well I am not sure which AAPK member has this one listed, but it looks like a very nice knife. All of the 1st generation and 2nd generation knives that I have seen have the 1983 date on one of the blades. The later knives of course were marked differently so we would need more pictures of the tang stamps to date the knife.
Great pattern, very pocket friendly. ::tu::

Tom
Forcedoutage

Post by Forcedoutage »

Assuming it is marked 83 as would indicate a first generation (which is what it is listed as on the add) , did they make many without an etch ?
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Without the etch I would assume it is not marked 1983.
Tom
Forcedoutage

Post by Forcedoutage »

Thanks. Not being etched I hadn't seen any like it. That's why I asked. I'll see if I can get some pics of the tangs.
paulincincy

Post by paulincincy »

Forcedoutage wrote:Thanks. Not being etched I hadn't seen any like it. That's why I asked. I'll see if I can get some pics of the tangs.
I was looking at this knife as well and found it in Parkers Price Guide Volume 3 and it is BKC#735 with a value of $55.00 it is in volume 8 valued at $110. This is a nice looking knife however it is 3rd generation not 1st
Forcedoutage

Post by Forcedoutage »

Yeah I received other pictures and it did have the surgical steel stamps of the 3rd generation. Nice knife all the same.
Willy

Post by Willy »

The knife is listed at my store ... I removed part of a story I told here about a 1st Generation mistake I made ::disgust:: ...

It wasn't bad but I don't want to insult anyone accidentally .. Bottom line is I took every mention of first generation off of my store... all knives are described as well as I can with all dates and tang stamps.. But Im not going to try to figure what generation a knife is any more... Gives me a head ache and takes the fun out of knife collecting ::uc::

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/willy
Willy

Post by Willy »

Forcedoutage wrote:. Nice knife all the same.
Its a real pretty knife... The un etched blades are beautiful... I don't know the pedigree of the knife but its got some nice stag for sure..

Return to “European-made knives”