4th GENERATION STOCKMAN

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

4th GENERATION STOCKMAN

Post by Quick Steel »

Today I received this 1996 Bulldog Stockman.[NOS] I usually prefer larger Stockmans but this 3 1/2" closed is appealing in its size and lightness for easy carry. The stag scales, attractive tho they are, are not perfectly matched. One pin is a bit proud, but other than that BD did a good job on this. The date makes this the first year of the 4th generation which ended in 2000.
P1020783.JPG
P1020782.JPG
P1020781.JPG
P1020784.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 4th GENERATION STOCKMAN

Post by doglegg »

Knice looking little pup you got there QS. I like the scales and the size. ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks. I know a lot of people prefer the smaller size and lighter weight. My thinking is that this is fine for light duties. But to turn a stockman loose on somewhat heavier items, say rope or thick cardboard, I'd prefer a larger heaver model of that pattern. I might be mistaken in my estimate; and I won't find out as this one will join my other canine queens. :)
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice Stockman QS; I prefer the 3-1/2" size, find it a good compromise between easy carry and useful. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I can appreciate that OH. And the smaller lighter size is definitely handier.

Return to “European-made knives”