Bulldog prototype duplicates (scam?)

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
roofmedics

Bulldog prototype duplicates (scam?)

Post by roofmedics »

I have been collecting knives for a couple years and really took a liking to the bulldg muskrat,sunfish,peacock,and elephant toe. I have about 50 prototypes and so my big question is? i have multiple prototypes in the same patterns, am i being scammed? this would be bad news considering ive been searching these knifes out for some time. i have included some photos of some of my collection. any info would be great. Also having trouble finding accurate appraisals on my knives, any tips? Thank you very much Al
Attachments
bull.jpg
bull2.jpg
bull3.jpg
bull4.jpg
bull5.jpg
bull6.jpg
bull7.jpg
bull8.jpg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Bulldog prototype duplicates (scam?)

Post by edge213 »

Can't answer your question, but a very nice collection.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

You can try contacting Parkers Knife Collectors, Chattanooga Tennessee 37422, Phone # 423-892-0448 . Talk to Ed Henley or Buzz Parker . They can help if they will . Or Try and Find One of there Price Guides ( Pocket Knife Trader's Price Guide ) It has some info also .
wlf

Post by wlf »

The Parker Case Classics have many homemade prototypes. I don’t think their information would be very reliable.

I don’t know about the Bulldogs, but I know for sure about the phony Case Classics.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
roofmedics

Post by roofmedics »

kennedy knives wrote:You can try contacting Parkers Knife Collectors, Chattanooga Tennessee 37422, Phone # 423-892-0448 . Talk to Ed Henley or Buzz Parker . They can help if they will . Or Try and Find One of there Price Guides ( Pocket Knife Trader's Price Guide ) It has some info also .
thank you very much
roofmedics

Post by roofmedics »

wlf wrote:The Parker Case Classics have many homemade prototypes. I don’t think their information would be very reliable.

I don’t know about the Bulldogs, but I know for sure about the phony Case Classics.
thank you, also have fightn rooster, case, kabar, fallkniven collections. im addicted lol
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

You can find opinions and info about the prototype scam here. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56700
The discussion in the thread is primarily about Case but the principles regarding prototypes are universal IMHO.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
roofmedics

Post by roofmedics »

tried to call Parker to answer and went to fax. Did some reading and seems their are mixed ideas? How about these etches? I added more pics. When i started collecting knives i read some where that the eariler number on the model made was a better find. I also collect J.A. Henckels and only purchase the low run presentation models in the HK series. Either way my knives and guns will never be used, all in glass and hopefully my son will take over. thanks everyone
Attachments
bd1.jpg
bd2.jpg
bd3.jpg
bd4.jpg
bd5.jpg
bd6.jpg
bd7.jpg
bd8.jpg
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

IMHO,they made as many protos,salesman samples and serial #s 0,00,000 etc.that they could sell for a premium.I also believe they weren't the only ones engraving them.
Roger
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

peanut740 wrote:IMHO,they made as many protos,salesman samples and serial #s 0,00,000 etc.that they could sell for a premium.I also believe they weren't the only ones engraving them.
Amen! And Amen!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
roofmedics

Post by roofmedics »

well at this point i think i will continue the collection and not focus on low numbers and prototypes. Muskrat,toe nail,and sunfish just happen to be my choice. lol
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

It sure is a knice collection. And collect what you like. Seems to hold true in all cases. I certainly enjoyed seeing your collection. ::tu::

Return to “European-made knives”