Johnny Muskrat

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Johnny Muskrat

Post by doglegg »

There is a Bulldog Johnny Muskrat like this one but in stag for sale in Mr Kennedy's store.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

doglegg wrote:There is a Bulldog Johnny Muskrat like this one but in stag for sale in Mr Kennedy's store.
Thanks for the ad .Does yours have a date stamped on the blade ? I can't find much info on the Johnny Muskrat and none on the red bone you have . Don't see the Red Bone Muskrat in any of the listing in Parkers Book .Maybe someone will shed some light on this. ::shrug::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

kennedy knives wrote:
doglegg wrote:There is a Bulldog Johnny Muskrat like this one but in stag for sale in Mr Kennedy's store.
Thanks for the ad .Does yours have a date stamped on the blade ? I can't find much info on the Johnny Muskrat and none on the red bone you have . Don't see the Red Bone Muskrat in any of the listing in Parkers Book .Maybe someone will shed some light on this. ::shrug::
It has 1998 stamped on both blades. Are you thinking it is a rehandle? ::shrug::
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

doglegg wrote:
kennedy knives wrote:
It has 1998 stamped on both blades. Are you thinking it is a rehandle? ::shrug::
Has the same blade stamp that the stag Muskrat I have on my site . I don't think it has been rehandled . Parker just doesn't list much about the 1998 blade stamps in his book . I Know that the Hawbaker are less produced than the regular Muskrat . In Parkers Book in goes in detail about the 1995 blade stamped Muskrats but not the 1998 stamped . Love the Red Bone you Have, great find . Maybe he will give an update on his book (that would be nice). ::handshake::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Delmar Morgan wrote:I swear I read a article in Fur -Fish - Game magazine that Johnny Muskrat was a fur buyer from Alaska. Why he got that name was he bought thousands of muskrat hides back in the 20's-40's for lap robes before the invention of heated car's.
Delmar, while researching a little I found an article that mentioned some of his contributions to Fur Fish Game magazine. You have a good memory. ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

kennedy knives wrote:
doglegg wrote:
kennedy knives wrote: Thanks for the ad .Does yours have a date stamped on the blade ? I can't find much info on the Johnny Muskrat and none on the red bone you have . Don't see the Red Bone Muskrat in any of the listing in Parkers Book .Maybe someone will shed some light on this. ::shrug::
Has the same blade stamp that the stag Muskrat I have on my site . I don't think it has been rehandled . Parker just doesn't list much about the 1998 blade stamps in his book . I Know that the Hawbaker are less produced than the regular Muskrat . In Parkers Book in goes in detail about the 1995 blade stamped Muskrats but not the 1998 stamped . Love the Red Bone you Have, great find . Maybe he will give an update on his book (that would be nice). ::handshake::
Hey Mr Kennedy there is a 5 blade Bulldog over on ebay with that same Red Bone handle. A bit above my price range.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bulldo ... Sw9GhYi3i7
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

doglegg wrote:
kennedy knives wrote:
doglegg wrote: It has 1998 stamped on both blades. Are you thinking it is a rehandle? ::shrug::
Hey Mr Kennedy there is a 5 blade Bulldog over on ebay with that same Red Bone handle. A bit above my price range.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bulldo ... Sw9GhYi3i7
I would say that is a-bit above my price also thanks for sharing ::handshake::

Return to “European-made knives”