Bulldog knife pick

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Targetman

Re: Bulldog knife pick

Post by Targetman »

A pick has its place, but I was always afraid to use one and cause scarring in the nail nick.
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Hi Doglegg, I have been seeing a few Bulldog knife picks on EBay for sale with the standing dog etch you needed. Also saw a Double Dog Head etch offered. All these were offered by Silverladdie (Buzz Parker) Hope you saw these and got one for your collection.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Steve Warden wrote:Cool.
Do any of you guys use one?

Steve, I use one regularly when I photograph knives. You do have to be extremely careful because you will scratch the knife at the nail nick if it slips off. Probably 1/4 of the knives that I handle are hard to open and it’s the only way that I can open them. My thumbnails are brittle from my diabetes and turn back or break easily. My EDC usually has a thumbstud for this very reason.
My go to pick is my A.G. Russell w/ mammoth ivory, I haven’t photographed it, but can. What I like most about this one is that the business end has a slant, almost like a knife blade, which makes it easy to get into the smaller and less deep nail nicks. Or turn it over and use the flat side for larger ones. Other knife picks I have don’t have that. You can tell A.G. put a lot of thought into this.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:

Steve, I use one regularly when I photograph knives. You do have to be extremely careful because you will scratch the knife at the nail nick if it slips off. Probably 1/4 of the knives that I handle are hard to open and it’s the only way that I can open them. My thumbnails are brittle from my diabetes and turn back or break easily. My EDC usually has a thumbstud for this very reason.
My go to pick is my A.G. Russell w/ mammoth ivory, I haven’t photographed it, but can. What I like most about this one is that the business end has a slant, almost like a knife blade, which makes it easy to get into the smaller and less deep nail nicks. Or turn it over and use the flat side for larger ones. Other knife picks I have don’t have that. You can tell A.G. put a lot of thought into this.
SSk
A pic of that mammoth would be great, please.

And I admit to a bit of a cringe thinking about my thumbnail folding back *shudder*
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Steve Warden wrote:
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:

SSk
A pic of that mammoth would be great, please.

And I admit to a bit of a cringe thinking about my thumbnail folding back *shudder*
Here you go Steve, not the best photos but you can see it. From the catalog they don’t offer mammoth ivory any more. The second photo may be hard to see that slant, I tried to get it against a dark back ground, if you zoom in I think you can see it.
SSk
Attachments
IMG_0275.jpeg
IMG_0276.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

A right nifty little tool. Thanks for sharing the pic. ::tu::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

SSK that is a nifty knife pick indeed. I've seen some others for Schatt and Morgan and Canal Street that have Mammoth. Your is great. ::nod::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Targetman wrote:Hi Doglegg, I have been seeing a few Bulldog knife picks on EBay for sale with the standing dog etch you needed. Also saw a Double Dog Head etch offered. All these were offered by Silverladdie (Buzz Parker) Hope you saw these and got one for your collection.
Thanks for thinking of me Targetman. The Standing Dog etch from Silverladdie is in the mail with my address on it. I'll try to get a pic when it gets here. ::handshake::

d
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Greatt!!! I like the little extras also that make a collection pop!
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Hey Doglegg. Where is that picture of the standing Bulldog knife pick you had coming? We are all waiting!!! If we don't see pictures it didn't happen! Hee Hee.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Targetman wrote:Hey Doglegg. Where is that picture of the standing Bulldog knife pick you had coming? We are all waiting!!! If we don't see pictures it didn't happen! Hee Hee.
Laziness on my part. When you are doing nothing most of the time it is hard to get everything in. I guess I'll try to do something today and get it done. Thanks for the reminder Targetman. ::handshake::
DSCN5654.JPG
DSCN5656.JPG
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

That's a great looking pick. Now keep an eye out for the double dog head pick. One will show up soon!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I need to get the one's I have out and take a pic of them all together to remind myself of what I don't have. Thanks for the encouragement. ::tu:: ::handshake::
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Hey doglegg, did you pick up the two dog head Bulldog knife pick listed on EBay for your collection? Didn't want to post before auction ended...didn't want to jinx you on bidding!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Targetman wrote:Hey doglegg, did you pick up the two dog head Bulldog knife pick listed on EBay for your collection? Didn't want to post before auction ended...didn't want to jinx you on bidding!
No Sir, I missed that one. And also my funds were committed to an Ivory Bulldog copperhead that should be in my mail box today. Hope it gets here safely and I can get some pic's pretty quick. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. ::handshake::
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Thats ok, ivory is GOOD!!!!

Return to “European-made knives”