BULLDOG SURPRISE

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

BULLDOG SURPRISE

Post by Quick Steel »

I have been working thru many different knives inspecting and doing maintenance. Lo and behold I discovered a Bulldog I did not know I had, or had forgotten. I keep all my BDs together under glass but somehow, sometime, it had escaped and was in hiding. Needless to say I was delighted to rediscover this neat little sowbelly. Everything tight and snappy, no blade rub, the usual BD quality. Made my day. The blade etch reads Virginia Tobacco King.
P1030150 (2).JPG
P1030152 (2).JPG
P1030151 (2).JPG
P1030153 (2).JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: BULLDOG SURPRISE

Post by doglegg »

Wow QS, you bombed yourself. What a great little knife to find and definitely a quality one. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks doglegg. I think I picked it up maybe 3 years ago before I began to focus on BDs. Absent-mindedness has its rewards, at least in this case.
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Nice original Bulldog with older stag and not one of the over-runs sold in 2003-2004.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Quick Steel wrote:I have been working thru many different knives inspecting and doing maintenance. Lo and behold I discovered a Bulldog I did not know I had, or had forgotten. I keep all my BDs together under glass but somehow, sometime, it had escaped and was in hiding. Needless to say I was delighted to rediscover this neat little sowbelly. Everything tight and snappy, no blade rub, the usual BD quality. Made my day. The blade etch reads Virginia Tobacco King.
P1030150 (2).JPGP1030152 (2).JPGP1030151 (2).JPGP1030153 (2).JPG
That is sweet. I just picked up one just like it from kj. My first Bulldog. Those are some well built and handsome knives.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “European-made knives”