Anybody tell me what generation these whittlers are?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Papas-toybox

Anybody tell me what generation these whittlers are?

Post by Papas-toybox »

Purchased these as a part of an estate. All 9 knives are 3-blade whittlers.

1 whittler is 3 7/8 inch closed and 6 are 4 1/8 inch closed. Comparing them, 1 seems to have the shield on the opposite end.
20190410_190049.jpg
The yellow pearl has "the seductress" on the blade, while the white pearl has the same engraving on the blade as the larger ones.
20190410_190058.jpg
Trying to identify the actual generation version of them so I can determine valid pricing for future sales in my AAPK store.

Thanks,

Bob
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Anybody tell me what generation these whittlers are?

Post by doglegg »

Bob, that is an instant collection. I bet they don't last long in your store. That 3rd on down and the last one on the right speak to me. Great group. ::nod:: ::tu::
Papas-toybox

Post by Papas-toybox »

doglegg wrote:Bob, that is an instant collection. I bet they don't last long in your store. That 3rd on down and the last one on the right speak to me. Great group. ::nod:: ::tu::
Thanks. So far retail for the 7 larger ones is showing about $130 but no luck on the other 2. The white mother of pearl and the gold mother of pearl seductress.

Added the 7 large ones to my store. Working on the 2 smaller ones now.

Thanks.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I see a couple with the double dog heads. These are 5th generation post 2000.

If you have any with the single standing dog, they would be 4th generation from 1996 to 2000.
LuvStag
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by LuvStag »

Just an fyi... AAPK has a nice section on these bulldogs. Top left of the page there is a Research option. When you select that Bulldog is selected by default. Then select each generation for the different models/materials used. its good reading

Brent @ LuvStag

I added a couple images of a book by james buzz parker from 2007. It shows they are 2000+. The larger whittlers are the thor model and the smaller version is a viking model. last pic is of the smaller whittlers that will include the seductress gold lip pearl
Attachments
DSCN9297.JPG
DSCN9298.JPG
DSCN9300.JPG
Papas-toybox

Post by Papas-toybox »

Thanks for the info. This helps immensely in identifying them.
LuvStag wrote:Just an fyi... AAPK has a nice section on these bulldogs. Top left of the page there is a Research option. When you select that Bulldog is selected by default. Then select each generation for the different models/materials used. its good reading

Brent @ LuvStag

I added a couple images of a book by james buzz parker from 2007. It shows they are 2000+. The larger whittlers are the thor model and the smaller version is a viking model. last pic is of the smaller whittlers that will include the seductress gold lip pearl

Return to “European-made knives”