Bulldog Seductress in Ivory

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Bulldog Seductress in Ivory

Post by doglegg »

I already have one of the larger Bulldog 'seahorse' type whittlers in Ivory but ran across this smaller one in the bay the other day. No mention in the add of handle material but it had good pics. I made an offer and they accepted. I need to get a pic of the two together. I couldn't quite capture the quality of the ivory in my pics.
DSCN6045.JPG
DSCN6046.JPG
DSCN6047.JPG
DSCN6048.JPG
Thanks for looking.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Bulldog Seductress in Ivory

Post by Quick Steel »

Fine acquisition there doglegg. Enviable. Just last night I was looking at some BD seahorse whittlers. But your photo has got me asking why I didn't pull the trigger.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Suductress, indeed...I'm not sure about the girl...but the knife, for sure ::nod::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Congrats on your giveaway WIN Doglegg , I s that Seahorse Your Way Of Taking a Victory Lap :D That's a Beauty ::tu:: ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

DocB, the etch is certainly not art work. ::facepalm::
Kleencut, it was already on the way. ::handshake::
QS, it was your post that first got me looking at Bulldogs so I am glad to return the infection. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::handshake::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

doglegg. Thank you for that info which I didn't realize. At last I can feel I accomplished something worthwhile in this life. ::ds::
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Hi Doglegg, nice piece of ivory you have there. I like those Warncliffe Whittlers.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Targetman wrote:Hi Doglegg, nice piece of ivory you have there. I like those Warncliffe Whittlers.
Thank you Targetman. I'm always surprised when they turn up and are reasonable. And Warncliffe whittlers are a favorite of mine too. ::handshake::
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

It's good for us buying when the seller can't mention the word "ivory" in the description on Ebay or doesn't know what he is selling. For us that are in the know about Bulldogs you can still pick up some suprisingly cheep bargains
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

doglegg wrote:I already have one of the larger Bulldog 'seahorse' type whittlers in Ivory but ran across this smaller one in the bay the other day. No mention in the add of handle material but it had good pics. I made an offer and they accepted. I need to get a pic of the two together. I couldn't quite capture the quality of the ivory in my pics.DSCN6045.JPGDSCN6046.JPGDSCN6047.JPGDSCN6048.JPG Thanks for looking.
Well done, Floyd. I am always excited whenever I see a white handled Bulldog on eBay because more often than not it will be ivory.

As I recall, Bulldog released three different size Wharncliffe Whittlers: (from smallest to largest) Seductress, Temptress & Viking. Why the name of largest of the three departs from the "lusty" theme of the two smaller ones is anyone's guess. (Personally, I've always thought they should have maintained the theme and called it something like Succubus ::uc:: )
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

QTCut5 wrote:
doglegg wrote:I already have one of the larger Bulldog 'seahorse' type whittlers in Ivory but ran across this smaller one in the bay the other day. No mention in the add of handle material but it had good pics. I made an offer and they accepted. I need to get a pic of the two together. I couldn't quite capture the quality of the ivory in my pics.DSCN6045.JPGDSCN6046.JPGDSCN6047.JPGDSCN6048.JPG Thanks for looking.
Well done, Floyd. I am always excited whenever I see a white handled Bulldog on eBay because more often than not it will be ivory.

As I recall, Bulldog released three different size Wharncliffe Whittlers: (from smallest to largest) Seductress, Temptress & Viking. Why the name of largest of the three departs from the "lusty" theme of the two smaller ones is anyone's guess. (Personally, I've always thought they should have maintained the theme and called it something like Succubus ::uc:: )
Thanks Q, I learned a new word and now to watch for the Temptress. And yes I'm looking at the pics before reading about the knife on ebay. Then look at the price hoping it is not silly. ::nod:: ::handshake::

Return to “European-made knives”