Bulldog's Big Whittler

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Bulldog's Big Whittler

Post by Quick Steel »

Excellent F&F on this Buffalo Horn Whittler. No blade rub. No half-stops. Good snap on all blades. One of the things I appreciate about BDs is that they open and close smoothly, never too tight requiring extra effort to open which, for me, detracts from the enjoyment of the knife. This is a 5th generation BD with the two dog heads etch. The master blade etch reads Celebrated Anglo Saxon Knife.
P1030409 (2).JPG
P1030408 (2).JPG
P1030410 (2).JPG
P1030411 (2).JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Bulldog's Big Whittler

Post by doglegg »

Love the horn QS. I don't have one of the Anglo Saxon whittlers yet. You picked up a beauty there. Very lovely knife. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::handshake::
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Thanks for the review, Quick Steel. I like Bulldog's etches: they give the knife a bit of character that makes them stand out. And that horn is nice - overall that is a very distinctive knife!
Mel
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you doglegg and Dinadin. Usually I do not favor blade etches. But two exceptions are the Bulldog reverse frosted etches. And the lite etching that appears on Schatt and Morgan knives.
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Quick Steel wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:40 pm Excellent F&F on this Buffalo Horn Whittler. No blade rub. No half-stops. Good snap on all blades. One of the things I appreciate about BDs is that they open and close smoothly, never too tight requiring extra effort to open which, for me, detracts from the enjoyment of the knife. This is a 5th generation BD with the two dog heads etch. The master blade etch reads Celebrated Anglo Saxon Knife.
Nice one QS. Here's a big whittler I just got that I thought I'd post here in this thread. *I've been continuing to bump all these old threads up to help push down the thread I started, 'Is this BD forum dead?'.
Attachments
20201224_130727.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Another one of the Bulldog Whittlers. This one in brown bone from 1999, 4th generation. No evident flaws; a finely constructed knife.
P1040046 (2).JPG
P1040047 (2).JPG
P1040048 (2).JPG
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:45 pm Another one of the Bulldog Whittlers. This one in brown bone from 1999, 4th generation. No evident flaws; a finely constructed knife.
::tu:: Nice! I haven't seen that smooth brown bone, cool share. ::handshake::

Return to “European-made knives”