BD MOP TRAPPER

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

BD MOP TRAPPER

Post by Quick Steel »

This 4" MOP Trapper is 4th generation, 1997. This short generation carries my favorite tang, the single standing dog which is an image of Lucky the champion Bulldog owned by Mrs. Parker. The finish on this knife is excellent. The fitting of the mop is superb. The joining of the scales with the bolsters is almost imperceptible to the touch. The Spey blade has just the slightest beginning of a wobble. I think this is unlikely to develop further as this will be a display piece.
P1030429 (2).JPG
P1030430 (2).JPG
P1030432 (2).JPG
P1030429 (2).JPG
Attachments
P1030428 (2).JPG
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: BD MOP TRAPPER

Post by kennedy knives »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Cool QS ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Quick Steel wrote:This 4" MOP Trapper is 4th generation, 1997. This short generation carries my favorite tang, the single standing dog which is an image of Lucky the champion Bulldog owned by Mrs. Parker. The finish on this knife is excellent. The fitting of the mop is superb. The joining of the scales with the bolsters is almost imperceptible to the touch. The Spey blade has just the slightest beginning of a wobble. I think this is unlikely to develop further as this will be a display piece.

P1030429 (2).JPGP1030430 (2).JPGP1030432 (2).JPGP1030429 (2).JPG

You know I like it. That pearl is better in person than the pictures can possibly catch. Nice!
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Tee

Post by Tee »

I just recently got this BD muskrat 3rd generation but found it said prototype on back of main blade does this increase the value. Or is there a way to find out if its actually a prototype or someone just added it
20190914_225405.jpg
20190914_225339.jpg
20190914_225324.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

QS, that is a lovely knife. The MOP looks deep. It will be at home at your place. ::nod:: ::tu:: ::handshake::
Tee, that is a knice little Bulldog. Mr Parker liked putting things on knives as a selling tool. I have some with that marking. I wouldn't pay extra for it and it has not kept me from buying. It might mean more to some collectors. But you have a very lovely knife. Congrats. And welcome to AAPK. ::handshake::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Mighty fine MOP BD Trapper there QS. Pearl is nice and deep with tons of fire. And Mark is awesome to deal with, all round excellent purchase ::tu:: .

Tee that is a beautiful muskrat. I am usually not keen on them, but I make exception for that one. My Dad collects Bulldogs, and the prototypes do perk his interest, just not celluloid. Me personally don't mind it, as long as you store it separately from your other knives. Sometime they like to gas-off with bad results. All in all you found a very nice knife ::tu:: . And welcome to AAPK!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “European-made knives”