Is this Bulldog knife forum dead?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.

Bulldog Brand Knives

Bulldog Brand? Never heard of it.
7%
Know of it, that's about all
17%
Highly over-rated
3%
Just ok, nothing special
10%
One of my favorites
47%
I prefer to collect Bulldogs
17%

Total votes: 30

Loose Arrow

Re: Is this Bulldog knife forum dead?

Post by Loose Arrow »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:39 pm Very fine MOP as is usual with BDs.
I have a copperhead rabbit hound on its way, BKC#747.
I may be addicted... ::facepalm::
😂😂
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Gnarly piece ::nod::
Attachments
20201203_135735_HDR.jpg
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

::woot::
This one's lookin' good!
Attachments
20201202_141201.jpg
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Fished this dull razor out of the bay sometime ago. It had some rust right on the edge of the main blade and someone had tried to buff it out leaving the etch polished in only that area. Regrettably I finished evening out the polished look of the etch then I took off some material and re-sharpened it. Now it's a razor and not just in name. What do you think? Should I have left it alone? ::hmm::
Attachments
20210525_125743.jpg
20210525_121708_HDR.jpg
20210525_113018.jpg
Screenshot_20210525-135653~2.png
20210525_130313.jpg
20210525_125755.jpg
20210525_125635.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I think you did well LA. It looks good and is more useable now.
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Quick Steel wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:28 pm I think you did well LA. It looks good and is more useable now.
Thanks QS! Glad you approve. ::tu::
I love to use my Edge Pro.🔪
Attachments
20210525_143950~2.jpg
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

A good thread. I've got some Bulldogs, I will post a few pictures here in the near future.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:33 am A good thread. I've got some Bulldogs, I will post a few pictures here in the near future.
::tu:: Sounds great.
I'll be here. 8)
Attachments
20210517_155229~2.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Loose Arrow wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:17 pm Fished this dull razor out of the bay sometime ago. It had some rust right on the edge of the main blade and someone had tried to buff it out leaving the etch polished in only that area. Regrettably I finished evening out the polished look of the etch then I took off some material and re-sharpened it. Now it's a razor and not just in name. What do you think? Should I have left it alone? ::hmm::
Took lemons and made lemonade. Looks good. ::nod:: ::nod::
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

doglegg wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:34 pm Took lemons and made lemonade. Looks good. ::nod:: ::nod::
🍋🍋 Thanks doglegg, I appreciate it. 👍
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Hey, thanks for this post, you got me thinking about how much I do like Bulldogs! I busted out with of my favorites today, a big trapper... :oops: but I did all the dirty work today (cutting eclectic wires etc.) with an EDC Gonzo. :oops:
Attachments
DSCF5324.JPG
DSCF5325.JPG
DSCF5326.JPG
DSCF5327.JPG
DSCF5330.JPG
DSCF5331.JPG
DSCF5332.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I'm a Bulldog fan as well. Great looking knife 🔪 ::tu::
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:18 pm Hey, thanks for this post, you got me thinking about how much I do like Bulldogs! I busted out with of my favorites today, a big trapper... :oops: but I did all the dirty work today (cutting eclectic wires etc.) with an EDC Gonzo. :oops:
💪 Nice one!
Thanks for stopping by to share it. ::tu::
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Thanks! ::handshake:: I tell you, about 2 years ago I missed a huge opportunity to get some really nice Bulldogs from and older gentleman at the local flea market. He was selling off a bunch of Case and Bulldogs and I always got to his spot AFTER some other guy grabbed everything good :x I did pick up a couple of Bulldogs and a Case of two from him, but I missed out on a ton of good stuff. :oops: I saw some of the "lost" knives from a guy that bought them from that older gentleman and and there was some really good pieces that he got. :x Oh well, :roll: who knows what this weekend flea market holds... ::hmm::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Here is one of my babies....
Attachments
DSCF5417.JPG
DSCF5418.JPG
DSCF5411.JPG
DSCF5412.JPG
DSCF5416.JPG
DSCF5413.JPG
DSCF5408.JPG

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

doglegg wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:38 am I'm a Bulldog fan as well. Great looking knife 🔪 ::tu::
I sort of forgot how much I liked Bulldogs... :roll: until I started digging around in my "stash" ::paranoid:: Once I got a couple in my hands ::paranoid:: turns out I REALLY like them 'Ol Bulldogs ::nod::

Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:08 pm
doglegg wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:38 am I'm a Bulldog fan as well. Great looking knife 🔪 ::tu::
I sort of forgot how much I liked Bulldogs... :roll: until I started digging around in my "stash" ::paranoid:: Once I got a couple in my hands ::paranoid:: turns out I REALLY like them 'Ol Bulldogs ::nod::
::woot:: Me too. ::tu::
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Post by geocash »

You might assume, correctly, that I like Bulldog Brand knives just because I'm here. I have four Bulldogs & five Fight'n Rooster knives & expect anything from Fredrich Olbertz to be well-made. I don't have any celluloid in the house & don't want any. However, that reduces my choices plus I generally don't care for club knives or etches that represent something other than the brand. I'm not trying to criticize any one else's preferences so, if that's something you like, that's fine because I like a lot of stuff that no one else seems to. Anyway, I recently got a fifth Bulldog, this stag Whittler with a "2008" tang stamp. It also has a "USA" stamp so I believe it was made by GEC. With its walk & talk & fit & finish I can easily believe GEC made it. What do ya'll think?
Attachments
Bulldog Whittler.jpg
geocash
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Very knice one. ::tu::
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

geocash wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:27 pm You might assume, correctly, that I like Bulldog Brand knives just because I'm here. I have four Bulldogs & five Fight'n Rooster knives & expect anything from Fredrich Olbertz to be well-made. I don't have any celluloid in the house & don't want any. However, that reduces my choices plus I generally don't care for club knives or etches that represent something other than the brand. I'm not trying to criticize any one else's preferences so, if that's something you like, that's fine because I like a lot of stuff that no one else seems to. Anyway, I recently got a fifth Bulldog, this stag Whittler with a "2008" tang stamp. It also has a "USA" stamp so I believe it was made by GEC. With its walk & talk & fit & finish I can easily believe GEC made it. What do ya'll think?
Cool share! ::tu::
I got this one that has a unique engraving. 🇺🇸
Attachments
20210926_142257.jpg
20210926_141353.jpg
20210926_141247.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

geocash: You have a beautiful whittler. The USA Bulldogs are always pleasing. I generally find the quality of German made BDs to be quite fine as well.

Loose Arrow: It would be great to know the history of your BD. Who had it engraved, for whom, etc.?
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Quick Steel wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:15 am geocash: You have a beautiful whittler. The USA Bulldogs are always pleasing. I generally find the quality of German made BDs to be quite fine as well.

Loose Arrow: It would be great to know the history of your BD. Who had it engraved, for whom, etc.?
Wish I could tell you QS. ::facepalm::
I bought it off of eBay with no description or information regarding its engraving. ::shrug::
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Post by geocash »

Appreciate it doglegg, Loose Arrow & Quick Steel.
Loose Arrow, I do like that Wharncliffe, if that's what yours is.
I don't recall ever seeing a Bulldog made by Queen although I probably have & just didn't recognize it. I need to learn a lot more but somehow I did recognize this one as made by GEC & I'm glad I did.
geocash
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

geocash wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:01 pm Appreciate it doglegg, Loose Arrow & Quick Steel.
I don't recall ever seeing a Bulldog made by Queen although I probably have & just didn't recognize it. I need to learn a lot more but somehow I did recognize this one as made by GEC & I'm glad I did.
Yes, sorry to have confused you, I meant QS as in Quick Steel not Queen. ::handshake::
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Loose Arrow wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:39 pm
geocash wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:01 pm Appreciate it doglegg, Loose Arrow & Quick Steel.
Yes, sorry to have confused you, I meant QS as in Quick Steel not Queen. ::handshake::
Queen did make a sowbelly whittler for Bulldog in 1995, high quality knives!!

Tom

Return to “European-made knives”