25 years in a farmers pocket

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: 25 years in a farmers pocket

Post by Colonel26 »

philco wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:05 am Mike depending on what the pile side of that knife looks like, I just might nominate it for HOK of the year. Wade is one of the judges and I may have a little pull with him. We'll see. :lol:
I’m open to persuasion! :mrgreen:

But seriously, me and a large CASE stockman? No contest!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

treefarmer wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:19 am
XX Case XX wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:00 am Here's one of mine. Case 5392.

________
Mike
I wanted to copy Mike's pose but didn't want to stretch that spring from both ends so my spay is fully open. This is an EDC, farm used, it has opened a few bags of fertilizer, opened a few bags of seed and has opened a few deer during the years I have had it. It was bought used, it's a Queen #49.008.JPG
One more that is used a lot especially during deer season is another Queen, a #39. It is well used, I had to make a small notch in the mark side handle to open the skinning blade after I lowered the point that was too proud to carry. Shaving the kick dropped the nick below the frame. :) This one belonged to a neighbor and his widow traded it to me maybe 25 years ago.013.JPG
KY wonder, you'll find all sorts of knives here on AAPK and as you can see your old well used Canoe is welcome among all the other old knives that have worked for a living.
Treefarmer
You can tell that Queen #39 has done some work and been a loyal servant. :D .
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

treefarmer wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:19 am
XX Case XX wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:00 am Here's one of mine. Case 5392.

________
Mike
I wanted to copy Mike's pose but didn't want to stretch that spring from both ends so my spay is fully open. This is an EDC, farm used, it has opened a few bags of fertilizer, opened a few bags of seed and has opened a few deer during the years I have had it. It was bought used, it's a Queen #49.008.JPG
One more that is used a lot especially during deer season is another Queen, a #39. It is well used, I had to make a small notch in the mark side handle to open the skinning blade after I lowered the point that was too proud to carry. Shaving the kick dropped the nick below the frame. :) This one belonged to a neighbor and his widow traded it to me maybe 25 years ago.013.JPG
KY wonder, you'll find all sorts of knives here on AAPK and as you can see your old well used Canoe is welcome among all the other old knives that have worked for a living.
Treefarmer
That’s a fine old workhorse!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Colonel, it's a strange feeling to have great regard and respect for my great old Case knives and yet mostly pick up a Queen as an EDC except on Sunday morning. ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

treefarmer wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:21 pm Colonel, it's a strange feeling to have great regard and respect for my great old Case knives and yet mostly pick up a Queen as an EDC except on Sunday morning. ::shrug::
Treefarmer
I know what you mean. I’ve always considered myself a CASE man. It was ingrained in me from my earliest days. But there are a couple of “off brand” knives that I carry a lot more often than my CASEs. But it always feels strange not to slip a CASE in my pocket in the morning.
Robert E. Lee
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

philco wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:05 am Mike depending on what the pile side of that knife looks like, I just might nominate it for HOK of the year. Wade is one of the judges and I may have a little pull with him. We'll see. :lol:
I'd hold off on that nomination because there's more to this story. I don't want to mislead anyone to think I am the original owner of this knife because I'm not. The way it looks in the picture is exactly how I bought it from Steve several years ago, so it's been used by one or several other owners.

That being said, I do in fact use it. I wanted on older Case with Stag handles and Carbon Steel blades and that's exactly what I got. I don't know if that changes the criteria of the OP as it didn't specify that you had to be original owner, just that it was a user, which it is.

I posted the photo as a fine example of an older knife that was absolutely carried and used. If anyone would like to see a close-up of the other side let me know and I'll take some good photos.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Just a few of my hard working knives ::tu::
[attachment=2]IMG_6968.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_6968.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_6968.jpeg[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_6968.jpeg
IMG_6990.jpeg
IMG_6994.jpeg
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Jeepergeo

Post by Jeepergeo »

Ky wonder wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:18 pm I am new to this forum, and noticed most photos are of knives in pristine condition.

So I thought I share the story of a 25 year old german bulldog canoe, this knife has been in my pocket for the last 25 years, it's a hard used farmers knife,

It has cut more Bailer twine, fertilize and seed bags than I ever want to open again, it has been used cleaning everything from squirrels to deer, as a tool working on numerous pieces of equipment , even cut me a few times

Loss and refound, never properly cleaned just wiped down with oily rag at times

Still snaps closed with enough force to separate a small finger if it's in the wrong place,

After 25 years ,this 1996, bulldog canoe, has lost its round shield, the etching Is unreadable these days, the date, bulldog, hammer forged blades, solingen steel marking are under quite a bit of crud

But even today my arms are hairless, where I shave them with this knife, to check for sharpness

So let's see some of your working knives

20210304_135904.jpg20210304_135855.jpg
That knife has at least another 25 years of use in it.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Don't hold your breath on a reply, the OP poster hasn't been back since March 7, 2021. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “European-made knives”