Cargill Scrimshaw

Bob Cargill is the man behind the Cripple Creek Knife Brand. He started out making one of a kind custom knives and eventually started making special order runs by hand under the Cripple Creek name in 1981. He specialized in high quality hand made limited runs for clubs and organizations. The brand was later sold to Blackjack Knives of Effingham, IL who commissioned Queen Cutlery to produce them in larger quantities.
bkazz5

Cargill Scrimshaw

Post by bkazz5 »

Added another Cargill to my collection the other day. I was especially happy to get this one because it fits nicely with a few others that I have. It is a very early Cargill side lock with a pat pend stamp and it is scrimshawed Micarta which goes along with three others I have. Of the four knives I have I purchased them from three different individuals so it makes me wonder just how many Cargills with similar handle material and scrimshaw are out there. Has anyone seen any others like these? I also wonder who the artisit is.... J Dee. Anyone know?
Attachments
Scrimshaw Tipp Open.jpg
Scrimshaw Group Open Front.jpg
timgreene48

Re: Cargill Scrimshaw

Post by timgreene48 »

I can't answer your question, but I just wanted to say, Beautiful knives!! ::groove::
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Gorgeous Scrims !!! I really like the one of the buffalo
hunting scene on horseback with a lance
Thats the way the plains tribes did it back in the day
A wonderfull collection of knives for sure
Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/clearcreekknives
wlf

Post by wlf »

Lovely knives.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “Cripple Creek”