Found a rare Cargill

Bob Cargill is the man behind the Cripple Creek Knife Brand. He started out making one of a kind custom knives and eventually started making special order runs by hand under the Cripple Creek name in 1981. He specialized in high quality hand made limited runs for clubs and organizations. The brand was later sold to Blackjack Knives of Effingham, IL who commissioned Queen Cutlery to produce them in larger quantities.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Found a rare Cargill

Post by Rookie »

Here is a rare 1 of 1 custom made knife from 1993. I came across this while reading an old issue of the NKCA magazine. Pretty neat knife.
Attachments
xxxzp3-lo.jpg
Carl B.
knifetime

Re: Found a rare Cargill

Post by knifetime »

Very cool knife rook. I ,for one ,would love to get my hands on it.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

I wonder who won it, and where it now resides?
Carl B.
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

It would be cool to know,maybe it will get posted on hear if one of our members got it.
A lot of work went into that knife.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
bkazz5

Post by bkazz5 »

That's really cool. Never seen that one before. That's the thing about Cargill knifes there are a bunch of 1 of 1 knives out there so you never know when you are going to find something you've never seen before.
Hideaway Knives

Post by Hideaway Knives »

Thanks for the interesting pic
pearlroosterman

Post by pearlroosterman »

Has anyone ever found the NKCA membership knife? As most of you guys I would love to own it....:.a beauty! John
John
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

pearlroosterman wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:59 pm Has anyone ever found the NKCA membership knife? As most of you guys I would love to own it....:.a beauty! John
I heard from a guy in another forum who seemed to remember the name of the guy who won it (I can't remember the name he said now). Seems nobody has seen the knife since the contest. I'm sure it's tucked away in a knife collection somewhere in the Appalachia mountains.
Carl B.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

bkazz5 wrote: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:29 pm That's really cool. Never seen that one before. That's the thing about Cargill knifes there are a bunch of 1 of 1 knives out there so you never know when you are going to find something you've never seen before.
:) ... I've got a Cargill with that engine turned embellishment on it.
I thought some previous owner got fast and loose with some abrasive on a dowel. I sharpened it to carry it.
It's a nice knife.
Attachments
DSCN7870.JPG
DSCN7872.JPG
DSCN7899.JPG
Joe
pearlroosterman

Very nice knife. I’ve owned a few of those. It was the 1992 NKCA knife of the year. A few did not have the embellishment but most did. I have a plain one now but might be interested in yours if it doesn’t show wear?? Send me an email if you are interested. I would like to see pictures of the blades. Thank you, John
John
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thank you, John.
I won't be letting this one go.
Here are some pictures of the now sharpened blades.
Attachments
DSCN7882.JPG
DSCN7887.JPG
DSCN7891.JPG
DSCN7872.JPG
Joe
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Very nice! ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:43 am Very nice! ::tu:: ::tu::
Ditto! ::tu:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thank you, guys.

I hope I didn't take Rookie's thread in a direction he didn't want it to go. ::facepalm::
Joe
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Nice knife, Joe. ::tu::
pearlroosterman wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:42 am Very nice knife. I’ve owned a few of those. It was the 1992 NKCA knife of the year. A few did not have the embellishment but most did. I have a plain one now but might be interested in yours if it doesn’t show wear?? Send me an email if you are interested. I would like to see pictures of the blades. Thank you, John
I don't believe it was the club knife of the year. It was put out for the 20th anniversary of the NKCA. There were two 1992 regular club knives: a Queen trapper and a Bear fixed blade.
Dan
pearlroosterman

Dan, you are correct . I stand corrected it was the 20 year knife. I was not a collector of the NKCA annual knives but did however buy a few that hit my fancy back in the day, mainly the older Case XX knives. It sure is a beauty no matter the reason for its release. I have enjoyed learning a bit from you Cripple Creek collectors . I spend about 95% of my time on the Antique Remington knife header. I would still love to know where the 1993 Membership drive knife is and if the owner would sell..... that is also one beautiful knife. Thanks folks. John
John

Return to “Cripple Creek”