Zippo Lighters (GONE)

This is a place for posting non-knife related items you have available for trade. If you see something you want, be sure to make a trade offer. Your offer can include a knife, knives, or pretty much anything within the limits of the law.
nifenut

Zippo Lighters (GONE)

Post by nifenut »

Let me know if you are interested in trading. I like pocketknives.
If I am reading the date codes correctly, I have:

#1---1994 (D-IX) brushed chrome regular size. Pocket carry scratches and a dimple (bent) in the lid.
#2---1991 (F-VII) brushed chrome regular size. Pocket scratches.
#3---1982 (\\\ ///) cross-hatched pattern with vertical oval on front with initials JSA (also vertical). Slim size. UPC sticker on back with "Zippo" and "048005". Lots of hairline scratches on front & back ,but not on edges, that don't appear to be a part of the pattern (?)
#4---1981 (/ ) Bright chrome with pattern of vertical lines in groups of three front and back. Slim size.
#5---1962 (.. .) Bright chrome. Pocket carry scratches. Slim size.

All work. No loose lids or hinges.
I am not a lighter collector so I don't know how to explain condition other than to relate it to knife condition.
If they were knives, I would say, "Good everyday carry".

All have been used with the possible exception of the 1892 model. The wick does not appear to have ever been lit. This is the lighter that still has the UPC sticker on the back. With all the surface scratches, it must have been carried or stored with a bunch of other items
for a long time.

I am including a gold-tone butane Zippo made in Japan that strikes but I can't make it hold gas and a Firebird butane lighter that worked the last time I used it and now I can't seem to get it to spark. (You can have these two if we trade for other lighters).

Not being a collector of lighter, I would be interested in hearing any info about their total value.

I would like to trade all for one pocketknife.

Thanks,
nifenut

P.S. If you prefer, send me a PM
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Re: Zippo Lighters

Post by reddirtknives »

I'm very interested in the 1892 model… Money is no object ::nod::
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

The 1982 has been to the Zippo repair clinic which is the reason for the UPC sticker on back and the unused insert in used case. Zippo still repairs their lighters for free no matter if you're the original owner or not.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
nifenut

Post by nifenut »

reddirtknives,

It is an 1982, not an 1892. I assume that was just a typo :D . I am out of town now, but will get back to you when I return. Just tell me what you want to pay in a pm and send your address.
nifenut

Post by nifenut »

Reddirtknives,

I read my post about the Zippo lighters. I made a big TYPO. It is a 1982, not an 1892. :oops:

nifenut
nifenut

Post by nifenut »

I quit smoking. I have these 5 Zippo lighters.

#1---1994 (D-IX) brushed chrome regular size. Pocket carry scratches and a dimple (bent) in the lid.
#2---1991 (F-VII) brushed chrome regular size. Pocket scratches.
#3---1982 (\\\ ///) cross-hatched pattern with vertical oval on front with initials JSA (also vertical). Slim size. UPC sticker on back with "Zippo" and "048005". Lots of hairline scratches on front & back ,but not on edges, that don't appear to be a part of the pattern (?)
#4---1981 (/ ) Bright chrome with pattern of vertical lines in groups of three front and back. Slim size.
#5---1962 (.. .) Bright chrome. Pocket carry scratches. Slim size.

Anybody have a pocketknife to trade for all 5?

nifenut
nifenut

Post by nifenut »

The Zippos are gone.

Return to “Off Topic Trading Post”