Looking for decomssioned military item for VET PARK display

This is a place for posting non-knife related items you have available for trade. If you see something you want, be sure to make a trade offer. Your offer can include a knife, knives, or pretty much anything within the limits of the law.
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Looking for decomssioned military item for VET PARK display

Post by PA Knives »

Gang,

I work for local government and our Veterans Park Committee is desperately seeking a display piece for the beautiful veterans park they have constructed. A tank, cannon, anything LARGE that could be a focal point is desired. If you know of an item or can point me in a direction it would be appreciated. We have run the gambit of political connections with no success. So I thought my friends here may have connections or thoughts.

PM me if you have an idea check your backyard for old tanks you no longer want ::tu::
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
Iron Hoarder

Re: Looking for decomssioned military item for VET PARK disp

Post by Iron Hoarder »

Have you asked the local National Guard and Army Reserve Units? They used to always have old stuff parked out back of the buildings when i was growing up.

There is a big military surplus scrap yard in North Carolina somewhere but I don't remember the name.
I measure my collection by the ton.
Whoever dies with the most tools wins......Now accepting donations.
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

Check with the Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles in Lexington NE. They probably don't have anything on-hand, but may know of a source, or something in your area. Image
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I grew up climbing all over this beauty. They had to seal it up because a bunch of kids got stuck in it. Here's a link to the story. Maybe someone there can help lead you in the right direction.
http://www.lovinonbuffalo.com/2011/05/k ... wanda.html
Attachments
Kenny field.jpg
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez

Return to “Off Topic Trading Post”