Vintage yoyo's

This is a place for posting non-knife related items you have available for trade. If you see something you want, be sure to make a trade offer. Your offer can include a knife, knives, or pretty much anything within the limits of the law.
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Vintage yoyo's

Post by Camillus »

Looking for vintage yoyo's
I've been fascinated with them since I was a young boy,
Willing to trade

Camillus
Attachments
image.jpeg
keithlong

Re: Vintage yoyo's

Post by keithlong »

Got several irons in the fire in the shop at the moment, how ever making a yoyo is on my list, to make, need to make some for the grandkids.
KeithLLong

It does not cost any more to carry a sharp knife than it does to carry a dull knife
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Camillus »

This is my only handmade yoyo, blue&black acrylic
Attachments
image.jpeg
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I remember in the 50's, yoyos were sort of a seasonal thing. Every year the man from Duncan would come to Birmingham, appear on multiple afternoon children's TV programs, showing all his tricks, Duncan yoyos would be available at all the department stores, drug stores, etc and a yoyo contest would be announced and held at a local park, open to all comers.

Every kid in the neighborhood would have a new yoyo or two, some better than others. I liked the Imperial.

Hesitate, walk the dog, rock the cradle, around the world and loop the loop, was about all I could ever do.

Someone gave me a nice yoyo for my seventieth birthday in February. It's acrylic and lights up when spinning. Good weight.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Black Lion

Post by Black Lion »

I had several yo-yo's back in the day. One was a Tournament (I think), one was an Imperial and another was a Butterfly. Those are the names that come to me and there may have been other models but all of them were wood. I liked the Butterfly because it would walk-the-dog really nice until one day it wore through the string, scooted down the sidewalk, bounced into the street and was run over by a passing car.

Return to “Off Topic Trading Post”