1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

This is a place for posting non-knife related items you have available for trade. If you see something you want, be sure to make a trade offer. Your offer can include a knife, knives, or pretty much anything within the limits of the law.
User avatar
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5264
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby carrmillus » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:03 pm

.....the time has come for me to try and sell my car!!(pic on my avatar)...too old and stiff to drive and take care of it anymore!!....if anyone is interested, please contact me!!..... ::tu:: ............

User avatar
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 7933
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:25 pm
Location: Marietta, Ga. 35% of the time

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby gsmith7158 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:36 pm

carrmillus wrote:.....the time has come for me to try and sell my car!!(pic on my avatar)...too old and stiff to drive and take care of it anymore!!....if anyone is interested, please contact me!!..... ::tu:: ............

Tommy that will be a prize for someone. I'm afraid I would have the same problem with it as you are. :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6041
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby doglegg » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Tommy, isn't it a shame that those of up who would appreciate it the most are in the same boat with you. Bat a great car. Prettiest car Ford ever made. ::tu::

User avatar
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5264
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby carrmillus » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:47 pm

gsmith7158 wrote:
carrmillus wrote:.....the time has come for me to try and sell my car!!(pic on my avatar)...too old and stiff to drive and take care of it anymore!!....if anyone is interested, please contact me!!..... ::tu:: ............

Tommy that will be a prize for someone. I'm afraid I would have the same problem with it as you are. :D

..........greg, you're still a young guy!!!...... ::tu:: ............

User avatar
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5264
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby carrmillus » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:49 pm

doglegg wrote:Tommy, isn't it a shame that those of up who would appreciate it the most are in the same boat with you. Bat a great car. Prettiest car Ford ever made. ::tu::

.....I actually liked the looks of the '55 better, but the '56 had a lot more trunk room and a bigger V8!!!..... ::tu:: ............

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6041
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby doglegg » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:14 pm

carrmillus wrote:
doglegg wrote:Tommy, isn't it a shame that those of up who would appreciate it the most are in the same boat with you. Bat a great car. Prettiest car Ford ever made. ::tu::

.....I actually liked the looks of the '55 better, but the '56 had a lot more trunk room and a bigger V8!!!..... ::tu:: ............

Was the V8 a 312 cubic inch?

User avatar
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5264
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby carrmillus » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:27 pm

...........'55 had a 292 cu in v8, '56 and '57 had a 312cu in v8-horsepower was(I think)-200 in '55, 225 in '56, and 245 in '57(different carb in '57)......... ::tu:: .................

User avatar
rea1eye
Posts: 735
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:59 am

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby rea1eye » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:33 am

I have sold cars on AutoTrader.com. Not sure if sale good for vintage cars however.

Bob

User avatar
deo-pa
Silver Tier
Silver Tier
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby deo-pa » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:39 am

AutoTrader Classics for vintage cars.

https://classics.autotrader.com/

Dennis

User avatar
lt632ret
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby lt632ret » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:41 am

send me some info and pics .Lt632ret@frontiernet.net Regards LT

User avatar
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 3971
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 pm
Location: ♥Sweet Home Alabama♥

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby royal0014 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Tommy, It's shame you are not able to enjoy that beautiful 'Bird.
But, you are not the first to have that issue. At least you are willing to pass it on,
rather than just let it sit and deteriorate.

I hope you don't mind if I repost the pictures I took of the car back in May .....
::handshake::
Attachments
DSCF3262.jpg
DSCF3264.jpg
DSCF3265.jpg
DSCF3266.jpg
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves

User avatar
fergusontd
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: West Central Ohio

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby fergusontd » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:03 pm

::facepalm:: Carrmillus, we're all showing our age, nice car, I remember when it was new. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"

User avatar
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5264
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby carrmillus » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:35 pm

royal0014 wrote:Tommy, It's shame you are not able to enjoy that beautiful 'Bird.
But, you are not the first to have that issue. At least you are willing to pass it on,
rather than just let it sit and deteriorate.

I hope you don't mind if I repost the pictures I took of the car back in May .....
::handshake::

...thanks for posting those pictures again, chris!!!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ..........

User avatar
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5264
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby carrmillus » Sat May 04, 2019 8:11 pm

..thought I had it sold today, but the buyer backed out at the last moment!!...... ::dang:: ............

User avatar
Scale Military
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:34 pm
Location: Yorkton, SK
Contact:

Re: 1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Postby Scale Military » Tue May 07, 2019 12:39 am

::drool:: Wow. Beautiful car there!!!!

How much would you want for it?
William C. Westmoreland "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."
George S. Patton Jr. "Live for something rather than die for nothing."


Return to “Off Topic Trading Post”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests