C & W Belt Buckle

This is a place for posting non-knife related items you have available for trade. If you see something you want, be sure to make a trade offer. Your offer can include a knife, knives, or pretty much anything within the limits of the law.
just bob

C & W Belt Buckle

Post by just bob »

This came in with some other stuff I bought. I know nothing about it and posted it on Ebay. A member told me it was a recast of a famous Limes belt buckle. I looked on Google a bit and see they make very limited edition high end belt buckles. Not my cup of tea, but if you like it shoot me an offer in knives or Zippo's and we'll get things figured out from there. I think the buckle may be worth $25 or so in trade value? About 2 1/4" x 5 1/4".
Attachments
a 1.JPG
a 2.JPG
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: C & W Belt Buckle

Post by hardman »

You probably already know this, but "Wanted: Dead or Alive" was an old American Western TV Show that aired in the real late 1950's and real early 1960's. It starred Steve McQueen as a bounty hunter. In the show Josh Randall (McQueen) carried a Mare's Leg, similar to what is shown on your buckle. A Mare's Leg is/was a cut down Winchester Model 1892 rifle and in the show Randall carried it in a specially made belt holster.

Can't tell you much about the value of your buckle, but that is probably what the originals were meant to celebrate.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
jwwood

Re: C & W Belt Buckle

Post by jwwood »

hardman wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:41 pm You probably already know this, but "Wanted: Dead or Alive" was an old American Western TV Show that aired in the real late 1950's and real early 1960's. It starred Steve McQueen as a bounty hunter. In the show Josh Randall (McQueen) carried a Mare's Leg, similar to what is shown on your buckle. A Mare's Leg is/was a cut down Winchester Model 1892 rifle and in the show Randall carried it in a specially made belt holster.

Can't tell you much about the value of your buckle, but that is probably what the originals were meant to celebrate.
This is what I was thinking before reading your reply. ::tu::

Return to “Off Topic Trading Post”