A Great Old Kabar

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
doormann

A Great Old Kabar

Post by doormann »

i picked this up 2 weeks ago from another collector, i've seen these in books but never owned one before. it's a very well made knife. ::tu::
Attachments
DSC02279.JPG
DSC02280.JPG
DSC02281.JPG
DSC02282.JPG
DSC02283.JPG
DSC02284.JPG
DSC02285.JPG
DSC02286.JPG
DSC02287.JPG
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: A Great Old Kabar

Post by zed6309 »

Ive never seen one of these before, very cool 8) thanks for sharing ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

Great looking old Grizz ! How much $$$$ ? ::drool:: ::drool::

Bob R. (RIDGEWOOD CUTLERY)
Bret888

Post by Bret888 »

Wow..... I would love to have one of those! I had one on my ebay list, then got a notice it was pulled due to violation of their policy. You can sell all the knives you want, that are always open, but not ones that you have to push a button to open.....
268bull

Post by 268bull »

Doormann, That's one fine lookin' KaBar ::nod:: Bull
doormann

Post by doormann »

thanks for the comments guys, these knives are very interesting. they are very aukward to open with one hand, it's much easier to use both hands. the main reason i purchased this piece is because the kicker spring is pretty strong and it snaps the blade out crisply. the others i've seen were weak and the blade came out slowly or not all the way.
bladeguy58

Post by bladeguy58 »

Bret888 wrote:Wow..... I would love to have one of those! I had one on my ebay list, then got a notice it was pulled due to violation of their policy. You can sell all the knives you want, that are always open, but not ones that you have to push a button to open.....
Hey Bret,
Would the reason they pulled it be because it could be classified as a Switchblade? I saw that knife but I thought have the handle was missing from the picture.......darn!
Richard
Bret888

Post by Bret888 »

bladeguy58 wrote:
Bret888 wrote:Wow..... I would love to have one of those! I had one on my ebay list, then got a notice it was pulled due to violation of their policy. You can sell all the knives you want, that are always open, but not ones that you have to push a button to open.....
Hey Bret,
Would the reason they pulled it be because it could be classified as a Switchblade? I saw that knife but I thought have the handle was missing from the picture.......darn!
Richard

Thats what I am guessing, but they gave no explanation, and It disappeared from the watch list.
knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

doormann wrote:thanks for the comments guys, these knives are very interesting. they are very aukward to open with one hand, it's much easier to use both hands. the main reason i purchased this piece is because the kicker spring is pretty strong and it snaps the blade out crisply. the others i've seen were weak and the blade came out slowly or not all the way.
Nice knife Andy. Usually its the blade that is too tightly pinned which keeps the spring from crisply throwing the blade. An easy fix to loosen up. Also it takes a bit of skill to hold the knife properly as the blade otherwise drags on the mechanism.
KNFCOLLECTOR
paulsvintage

Post by paulsvintage »

::tu:: thats been on my wish list for years. a real classic, good luck with it
Never Argue With a idiot
They'll bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
PAUL

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”