Union Tux.

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
FRJ

Union Tux.

Post by FRJ »

Here's a nice little Union Tuxedo that I like alot. The blades are nice and solid and nice and snappy.

edit: I added one more picture. Thanks
Attachments
033.JPG
033.JPG (44.6 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
036.JPG
031.JPG
Joe
tc3500

Re: Union Tux.

Post by tc3500 »

Excellent FRJ! I really like the tuxedos too.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

An oldie!

Looks like real Tortoiseshell handles ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

That is a great knife Joe! I think it is a Union Naugatuck though, which is even better!
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Actually, after a courious thought about the stamp on this knife, I think I'm in the wrong pew. This aint no early Kabar.

I think it's Union Knife co., of Naugatuck. I'm hoping that's Naugatuck, Connecticut.

Union knife co., just sounded odd so I looked in Goins and sure enough there is a real difference in company names.

I like this and I like what it says about Union knife co.

Incidently, Naugatuck, Ct. is where "Naugahyde"(sp) was invented and delivered to the world as automobile seat covering.

edit: Kathy, you pegged it as I was trying to get it pegged. Good job. And thanks.
Attachments
044.JPG
Joe
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

Joe,

Bret & I have a knife that is very similar to yours. I had asked about the different Union's in another forum. Here are the links to two threads:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... =naugatuck

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... =naugatuck

Bret said that we should trade. Since there are two knife collectors here, we should have the knife with two blades! ::sneaky:: ::facepalm::
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”