Full size coke bottle pattern with plain blades?

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
MTHall720

Full size coke bottle pattern with plain blades?

Post by MTHall720 »

I am trying to find out if there are full size (4 inch blade) coke bottle design which have plain (no etching) blades. So far I have found that most of the ones I like the looks of seem to come in versions that are etched. Any plain, no half stop, coke bottles?
Thank you.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Full size coke bottle pattern with plain blades?

Post by peanut740 »

Almost all old pre- WWII had no etches.An old one with an etch is a plus.
Roger
MTHall720

Post by MTHall720 »

peanut740 wrote:Almost all old pre- WWII had no etches.An old one with an etch is a plus.
Thanks for the input. I didn't know that. I really like the looks of the newer ones except for the etching. I wonder if I could easily remove the etching with my dremel buffing pad and green rouge?
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

MTHall720 wrote:
peanut740 wrote:Almost all old pre- WWII had no etches.An old one with an etch is a plus.
Thanks for the input. I didn't know that. I really like the looks of the newer ones except for the etching. I wonder if I could easily remove the etching with my dremel buffing pad and green rouge?
Yes, you could all too easily remove the etch with a power tool but I doubt that anyone on this forum would recommend it and you would probably regret it later.
I suggest you take some time and search out antique swell center hunters from anywhear
and try to make a choice from there. ::nod:: ::handshake::
Joe
MTHall720

Post by MTHall720 »

I appreciate the input. I was wondering too if I would be sorry I removed the etching or even just lightened it.

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”