Saw a sad Ka-Bar today...

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Saw a sad Ka-Bar today...

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I was in one of our local downtown antique/junk tourist traps and they had a little pen knife for $10. I asked to see it, and under the taped on price tag was a Ka-Bar oval shield. The handle was brown, jigged (probably) delrin. When I turned the knife over, the reverse handle seemed to be a smooth metal. That seemed weird... As I looked at the metal scale, it seemed to be kind of uneven, like it had been shaped. I'm not sure, but I think it might have been made out of JB Weld or some sort of metal epoxy! The blades had zero snap and I suspect the spring might have been non-functional. I couldn't read anything on the tang.

So - I didn't buy it - although I did feel sorry for it... ::facepalm::
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
kootenay joe

Re: Saw a sad Ka-Bar today...

Post by kootenay joe »

We must accept that nothing lasts forever.
kj

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”