Lady's Leg

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
chorizotaco

Lady's Leg

Post by chorizotaco »

Hi all

Just wanted to show my latest acquisition and get some input. This Lady's knife is made up of the normal Leg knife and Diamond L'il. The blade and frame is from the normal leg knife but the scales (handles) are from the Diamond L'il knife. I bought this from a former employee, maybe one of y'all, and he couldn't remember why this was built this way. Mistake, employee playing around, I don't know???? There are no diamond chips in the button holes. As always thank you.

Chorizo
IMG_9469.jpg
IMG_9465.jpg
IMG_9467.jpg
IMG_9468.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Lady's Leg

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

chorizotaco wrote:Hi all

Just wanted to show my latest acquisition and get some input. This Lady's knife is made up of the normal Leg knife and Diamond L'il. The blade and frame is from the normal leg knife but the scales (handles) are from the Diamond L'il knife. I bought this from a former employee, maybe one of y'all, and he couldn't remember why this was built this way. Mistake, employee playing around, I don't know???? There are no diamond chips in the button holes. As always thank you.

Chorizo

IMG_9469.jpgIMG_9465.jpgIMG_9467.jpgIMG_9468.jpg
I looked up this Diamond Lil because I have never heard of it or seen it. I am curious about the age of this knife? I see the handles are shrinking and the example I saw on Worthpoint was also shrunken badly. That makes me think this is pretty old, by that I mean a few decades at least. I like the looks of this material, it’s the best looking lady’s leg knife I have seen.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

I like it, though the scales don't seem to fit perfectly on that knife, love the lace look to 'em.
chorizotaco

Post by chorizotaco »

Thanks

I still don't own a Bicentennial Ka-bar because the ones that I have seen have the handles pulling up and in one case pulling through the pin. I'm still looking for a reasonably priced one though.....without too much handle pull.
chorizotaco

Post by chorizotaco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
chorizotaco wrote:Hi all

Chorizo

IMG_9469.jpgIMG_9465.jpgIMG_9467.jpgIMG_9468.jpg
I looked up this Diamond Lil because I have never heard of it or seen it. I am curious about the age of this knife? I see the handles are shrinking and the example I saw on Worthpoint was also shrunken badly. That makes me think this is pretty old, by that I mean a few decades at least. I like the looks of this material, it’s the best looking lady’s leg knife I have seen.
SSk
The Lady's Leg came out in 1986

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”