Ka-bar Bowie Sheath

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
chorizotaco

Ka-bar Bowie Sheath

Post by chorizotaco »

Twins.jpg
Good day.

I'm looking for a new/near new sheath for an 8001 I just purchased. I finally have the pair offered to club members in '88, stag and green bone. I need this for the green bone. Sorry for no pic, it wouldn't load. Did finally

Thank you.
Gunsil

Re: Ka-bar Bowie Sheath

Post by Gunsil »

Hard one to find Dan. BTW, it doesn't look like quite a match, I think the ricasso marks should match if they are from the same issue. The green one is part of the set, I think the stag one is older.
chorizotaco

Post by chorizotaco »

By golly you are correct thank you. Hmm, now the hunt is on for the correct stag 8001 WITH sheath!
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

723 produced in stag, 389 in bone, the stag one should be easier to find. Good luck!! I can keep my eyes open for one if you like. I set up at two big knife shows, one early April and the other late April.

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”