Ka-bar 1033

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
chorizotaco

Ka-bar 1033

Post by chorizotaco »

Good morning

I just purchased this Ka-bar 1033 but am confused. I have searched for an actual stag handle version but cannot find one. The 1030 is the plastic/delrin handles and from everything I have found the 1033 is a yellow plastic handled knife. I was also wondering about the etching on the blade, "Old Timers Trappers Knife". I searched for this also and only found composite handle. Do I have a rehandle? Thank you
IMG_1190.jpg
IMG_1195.jpg
IMG_1196.jpg
IMG_1197.jpg
Gunsil

Re: Ka-bar 1033

Post by Gunsil »

I duuno Dan, it looks like Kabar stag to me. Regarding the etch, I think all the trappers of this size had that etch when new since the early 1930s, but my main area of study has always been the pre-1952 knives. Is there a serial number on the back of either blade? They did make a stag one as part of a set in 1982 but they were supposed to be serialized. It could also possibly be an overrun from that series but again, too new for me to be accurate on unless it's a club knife.
chorizotaco

Post by chorizotaco »

Thank you sir.

The set of 3 you are referring to are from the Club offerings in 1982 and each knife had a KA-BAR shield. The fit and finish look factory to me also but I haven't been able to find any stag with the 1033 stamp.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Can't comment on your 1033 knife other than to say, "She's a beauty!"
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”