Pawnshop Kabar 1207

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
tallguy606

Pawnshop Kabar 1207

Post by tallguy606 »

Just bought an excellent-condition Kabar 1207 fixed blade knife with original sheath for $20 out the door at the local pawnshop. Stacked leather handle. Pommel, handle, and guard all tight. Fullered blade is super shiny with a few tiny dark spots, looks almost unused, no sharpening scratches. Older knife, but no rust anywhere, were these blades chromed, maybe? I have large hands, can palm a basketball, and this handle has an inch left when I grip the knife, quite long. Will try to get a picture posted.
Eye Brand Man

Re: Pawnshop Kabar 1207

Post by Eye Brand Man »

Yes they were chrome plated carbon steel. I have a 1207 as well and they made the handles exceptionally long. Like you there's a good inch of handle left when I hold it. These were know to be a popular purchase(as well as the 1209 and 1208) buy our soldiers during Vietnam. The handles were made about the same length as the origianl Kabar 1219c2 used in WWII.
Eye Brand Collector

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”