Added a Bearcat and a Pathfinder this morning...

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
steve99f

Added a Bearcat and a Pathfinder this morning...

Post by steve99f »

at a local gunshow in Allentown.
A dealer had both the Bearcat and the Pathfinder on his table and we worked out a deal. The Bearcat has the wood handle rather than the gnarly stag Gunsil has shown us. The Pathfinder is tipped and seen some poor sharpening techniques but I couldn't leave it. Real pleased with the pre KA-BAR 'Cat. ALos bought a Case XX M5Finn. see the Case board if interested.
Attachments
Union Cutlery Bearcat and sheath.jpg
KABAR 471-5 Pathfinder.jpg
steve99f
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Added a Bearcat and a Pathfinder this morning...

Post by btrwtr »

Nice pickups Steve. The Bearcats are hard to find.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
steve99f

Re: Added a Bearcat and a Pathfinder this morning...

Post by steve99f »

Thanks Wayne. I was looking at a KA-BAR Little Trading Post on the table next to these two, a different dealer. The LTP was very nice as was its sheath but no blade etch visible. I reluctantly put it down but got the dealers phone number just in case. So I move on to the next table and there these two are. I couldn't believe my luck. What are the chances? :lol:
steve99f

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”