Christmas scales in January

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
chorizotaco

Christmas scales in January

Post by chorizotaco »

Recently purchased this jewel and it's gorgeous for it's age. I've seen Christmas scales in the past and never liked them but on this brute they are gorgeous. The knife is in excellent shape and shines after a prolonged rub down and some wax. That nail nick is about 100%, amazing. It is really deep.

Question >>> This stamp is KA-BAR above REG. U.S. PAT OFF. Does this stamp make it nearer 1923 because of the KA-BAR and patent? I've seen stamps that are just KA-BAR with no patent stamp but still have the Union Cutco. Co. stamp on the back and was wondering the difference. Thanks again.
IMG_3632.jpg
IMG_3633.jpg
IMG_3634.jpg
IMG_3635.jpg
IMG_3637.jpg
IMG_3638.jpg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Christmas scales in January

Post by btrwtr »

What's not to like. Awesome knife.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

I really like the handles! I don't think I've ever seen Christmas trees with that color variation... more orange and less gold than is typical. A side-by-side comparison with what I think of as more typical Christmas trees really highlights the difference. Nice!

Dennis
Attachments
IMG_3632.jpg
IMG_3632.jpg (36.56 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
Case Christmas Tree.jpg
Case Christmas Tree.jpg (17.09 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

chorizotaco wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:52 pm Recently purchased this jewel and it's gorgeous for it's age. I've seen Christmas scales in the past and never liked them but on this brute they are gorgeous. The knife is in excellent shape and shines after a prolonged rub down and some wax. That nail nick is about 100%, amazing. It is really deep.

Question >>> This stamp is KA-BAR above REG. U.S. PAT OFF. Does this stamp make it nearer 1923 because of the KA-BAR and patent? I've seen stamps that are just KA-BAR with no patent stamp but still have the Union Cutco. Co. stamp on the back and was wondering the difference. Thanks again.

IMG_3632.jpgIMG_3633.jpgIMG_3634.jpgIMG_3635.jpgIMG_3637.jpgIMG_3638.jpg
Beautiful!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”