A couple more for my accumulation......

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
knife7knut

A couple more for my accumulation......

Post by knife7knut »

Picked these two up this week at a local estate sale.There were a bunch of stag KA-BAR's there but priced more than I was willing to pay. The first one is missing the swing guard(which I am in the process of making)and set me back a whole $15.
The pearl handled half congress is from what I understand a Collector's Club knife(serial # 0549) and that one cost me $20.
Picked up several other non-KA-BAR knives as well.
Attachments
KA-BARLockback$15 001.jpg
KA-BARLockback$15 002.jpg
KA-BAR#0549PearlCongress$20 001.jpg
KA-BAR#0549PearlCongress$20 002.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Gunsil

Re: A couple more for my accumulation......

Post by Gunsil »

You got a great deal on the KCC congress!!
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Gunsil wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:14 pm You got a great deal on the KCC congress!!
Thank you Gene;I have a soft spot for pearl handled knives anyway. This estate sale had quite an accumulation of stag KA-BAR folding knives with prices ranging from $100 to $200.They also had a couple of USMC Mk.2's Commemorative;not WWII from $175 to $200. I wanted to get the S&W Texas Ranger Commemorative Bowie but there was a $150 tag on that one as well.
They drop the prices 20% on the second day and 40% on the third day so it might be worth going back.It's only a mile or so from my house.
TPK

Post by TPK »

Very Nice Finds! :D And at fair prices! ::tu:: I'd be going back if I were you. Might get a few more good deals. ::nod:: Congrats! ::handshake::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Doing a little work on the swing guard folder I bought this past weekend.Had some 1/16th inch sheet brass and used it to fashion a pair of guards.Instead of using a pin to hold it on I used some 2-56 threaded rod which fit through the hole in the blade perfectly and fastened the guard with a nut on either side.Used a little Loc-Tite thread lock to keep them from backing off and polished everything.Still needs a bit more polishing but it works well. The hardest part was filing the back of the guards down a bit at a time so they would allow the blade to lock into position and not be sloppy.
Not perfect but it functions well now and doesn't look all that bad.
Attachments
KA-BAR1173Repair 001.jpg
KA-BAR1173Repair 002.jpg

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”