61106L Union Coke Bottle Lockblade

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
chorizotaco

61106L Union Coke Bottle Lockblade

Post by chorizotaco »

Hello gents, here's another blast from the past.

This is a 61106L Union Cutlery coke bottle lock blade. The bone is almost perfect, the action is great. Tang stamps are "Union" and "PAT OCT 23 1916". There is an issue with the rear bolster. After looking at it and taking the pictures I think the whole knife has TWISTED a little. Notice the one bolster is higher than the other. Thanks for looking
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 61106L Union Coke Bottle Lockblade

Post by edge213 »

chorizotaco wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:02 pm Hello gents, here's another blast from the past.

This is a 61106L Union Cutlery coke bottle lock blade. The bone is almost perfect, the action is great. Tang stamps are "Union" and "PAT OCT 23 1916". There is an issue with the rear bolster. After looking at it and taking the pictures I think the whole knife has TWISTED a little. Notice the one bolster is higher than the other. Thanks for looking

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
In the last picture it does look a little strange.
But it is still a beautiful knife b ::tu:: ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Nice looker Dan!! I have never seen anything like the offset. Knife definitely cleaned but still a cool knife. Love that early Union Cut Co bone!! Mine has the "North America" stamp and the same Pat mark as yours. I really like these lever lock models. Good talking to you yesterday, and thanks for the info! That Trading Post is pretty nice but it looks like the snap on the sheath has been replaced but it is a fairly rare knife and a very hard to find sheath. I already have a couple so go for it if you like it.
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

I have to agree with gunsil, that bone is beautiful. I like the knife too. ::tu::
steve99f
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

I Hurd Tell That the " North America" Stamp And Pigs Eye Bolstered Lever Locks , Where SFO to Florida -Fish and Game . So They Can Skin Gators with , Any body Here no if this is Fact or Fiction ? ....K.C. ..Very Nice Union Cutlery co ::tu:: :mrgreen:
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

This one has an arched Union Cut Co mark and no reference to a patent number.
Attachments
Union CutCo Doghead Lever Lock Rogers Bone #3a FB.jpg
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Very Nice Jerry:: ::tu:: , Your Dog Even Has an Ear ! :lol: :mrgreen: Three Variation on a single Cutler With in the Same time Period Give or Take ... Lets let Gunsil figure that one Out 8)... K.C.

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”