UNION CUT. SINGLE BLADE ELECTRICIAN

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
Ridgegrass

UNION CUT. SINGLE BLADE ELECTRICIAN

Post by Ridgegrass »

UNION CUT CO. "Electrician". Single blade with stripper and screwdriver. Lock-back and one, stamp-side, easy open groove. Cocobola or maybe walnut scales. 3-1/2" . I have quite a few TL-29's and "Radio Electricians" but this is the only single blade I've seen. J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_2256.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg
IMG_2254.jpg
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: UNION CUT. SINGLE BLADE ELECTRICIAN

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Do you think it was always a single blade, or has it been modified? Also don't rule out rosewood as a handle material.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

OC: I'm pretty sure its original, no evidence of a redo. Could be rosewood. ::tu:: J.O'.
Whadaya think Gunsil ?
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I would have my doubts were it the first one I had seen but it is the second one I have seen and I think it is proper. Their lockback single bade knives with a knife blade have different looking frames and the frame on yours could not have once been a two blade knife since it would be very hard to operate a back lock bar on one side of a two blade knife. Very cool example!!
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

It's an odd one. Thanks, J.O'.

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”