Stag Knife/Hatchet set

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
schmoozer

Stag Knife/Hatchet set

Post by schmoozer »

Been a while since I’ve found anything worth posting.
33EDA430-0566-4C2F-8E54-5EDE467EB817.jpeg
60F95DA2-9FFD-490B-B963-902952FB39C5.jpeg
48B9BE3C-14DD-405D-B7C7-F2C27490083E.jpeg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Stag Knife/Hatchet set

Post by btrwtr »

Fine looking set!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

Mighty fine set! Something about these old knife/hatchet sets if find fascinating ::nod:: There one of my favorite things to look for at shows or stores. I have a few in my collection I need to take pics of one of these days.
Eye Brand Collector
schmoozer

Post by schmoozer »

Eye Brand Man wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:37 pm Mighty fine set! Something about these old knife/hatchet sets if find fascinating ::nod:: There one of my favorite things to look for at shows or stores. I have a few in my collection I need to take pics of one of these days.
Same here, my other always-looking-for is the old hobos. Just can’t resist them. Haven’t found one in the wild for 15 years.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Beautiful!!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

Very nice set. While you can relatively often find old knives - both fixed blade and folders - that have not been used and look new, it is very rare to find an old Knif/Ax set in new and unused condition. They were purchased by campers, hunters, and outdoorsmen who used the few tools they carried into the field. The Case versions were often (usually) chrome plated, so any sharpening mistakes or misuse often left a permanent blemish. Like many of you, I always have eye open for these things. I just think they are very cool, whether they are the ones with the interchangeable handle or two separate pieces. And, usually, the sheaths that came with these sets were themselves a work of art.
Attachments
101_2515_zps80944327.jpg
101_2911_zpsbe32d48a.jpg
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
schmoozer

Post by schmoozer »

hardman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:39 am Very nice set. While you can relatively often find old knives - both fixed blade and folders - that have not been used and look new, it is very rare to find an old Knif/Ax set in new and unused condition. They were purchased by campers, hunters, and outdoorsmen who used the few tools they carried into the field. The Case versions were often (usually) chrome plated, so any sharpening mistakes or misuse often left a permanent blemish. Like many of you, I always have eye open for these things. I just think they are very cool, whether they are the ones with the interchangeable handle or two separate pieces. And, usually, the sheaths that came with these sets were themselves a work of art.
True story!!!
I also collect marbles. Like knives, they got used and beat up. Finding mint examples always leaves me wondering how they ever survived…

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”