Rose craft blades...!??

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Alien883

Rose craft blades...!??

Post by Alien883 »

Just discovered that their is a fairly new player in upper quality China made knives...ROSE CRAFT BLADES.....very close in look and design to RRR knives...they have only 4 or so classic patterns in slip joint's...rest is funky seen 'em all tactical stuff...anybody owns one of their classic patterns or has already a opinion on these knives/company!??
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rose craft blades...!??

Post by Madmarco »

I hadn't heard of them, A883, so I Googled the name and visited their store.
As you stated, a few models definitely have a Rough Rider look, but the remainder all appear tactical.
Wonderful, another spot to spend my money at! lol!
8)
8)
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:29 pm I hadn't heard of them, A883, so I Googled the name and visited their store.
As you stated, a few models definitely have a Rough Rider look, but the remainder all appear tactical.
Wonderful, another spot to spend my money at! lol!
8)
Just got this very nice Appalachian Jack out of the mail box....Wow, that's a solid 10 knife!!!!!!! Very impressed, clean design, very well build and fit and form is equal to RRR knives!!! Love the cap lifter, pry bar thingy on the end!! KEEPER!!!!! ::sotb::
Attachments
IMG-20230317-WA0016.jpeg
IMG-20230317-WA0018.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Very nice, A883. ::tu::
As you stated, it looks really solid.
Congratulations!
8)
8)
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Here's my only RoseCraft Blades: It's a Clinch River T005 Wharncliffe Swayback with Bourbon Bone. Very well made knife. I can't find anything not to like about it...except maybe the bolster, which looks a lot like some I've seen on Rough Ryder knives (at least it doesn't have an "R"!). It's an amazingly good quality knife and hard to beat for only $42. I am curious about the interesting pile side tang etch with what appears to be interlocking bones in the shape of a letter "A" with a rose at the top. ::shrug::
Attachments
P5250014.JPG
P5250009.JPG
P5250016.JPG
P5250005.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

It does look quality Q.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

If not for the RR-style bolster, I would say it's very similar to one of AG Russell's China-made knives...it really is that good. ::nod::

~Q~
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Why am I not surprised that was the model you would choose, ~Q~!
Could it possibly be because of the Wharncliffe blade? ::shrug::
Nice looking knife that also appears to be quite solid, congratulations!
8)
8)
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Hey 'Q',

Just ordered that swayback you got. Great looking knife. ::tu::

I believe, according to the Rosecraft web site, the 'bones' in the shape of an "A" with the rose at the top is the mark that the designer uses to depict what knives they have designed. This particular Clinch River T005 was designed by Andy Armstrong and this is his mark. I'm assuming the "A" stands for the first letter in his first & last name and the bones is something he came up with. Rosecraft uses the 'rose' because the founder's name is William Rose. Armstrong does not use a Rose at the top of the 'A, it is actually a 'skull' head, but it's hard to tell looking at the knife tang. I've looked at various other knives that Rosecraft designers have been credited with designing, and those knives have their personal "mark" on the tang also.

If interested, here is the link to their website, if you haven't been there yet, which tells a bit about the history of Rosecraft, how they came about and the faces of the designers and a bit of history about them.

https://rosecraftblades.com/about-rosecraft-blades/
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

KLJ77 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:44 am Hey 'Q',

Just ordered that swayback you got. Great looking knife. ::tu::

I believe, according to the Rosecraft web site, the 'bones' in the shape of an "A" with the rose at the top is the mark that the designer uses to depict what knives they have designed. This particular Clinch River T005 was designed by Andy Armstrong and this is his mark. I'm assuming the "A" stands for the first letter in his first & last name and the bones is something he came up with. Rosecraft uses the 'rose' because the founder's name is William Rose. Armstrong does not use a Rose at the top of the 'A, it is actually a 'skull' head, but it's hard to tell looking at the knife tang. I've looked at various other knives that Rosecraft designers have been credited with designing, and those knives have their personal "mark" on the tang also.

If interested, here is the link to their website, if you haven't been there yet, which tells a bit about the history of Rosecraft, how they came about and the faces of the designers and a bit of history about them.

https://rosecraftblades.com/about-rosecraft-blades/
I'm looking forward to their new inventory being released in June.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Me too, Cudgee...I'm also hoping their Tennessee factory becomes a reality, where they'll be another USA made knife manufacturer and they won't have to source their knife making designs to foreign country's.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I wanted one like ~Q~ bought but they were out of stock so I settled for this one. It's OK.
Attachments
RoseCraft Blades Ogee RCM007- Labeled.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:22 am I wanted one like ~Q~ bought but they were out of stock so I settled for this one. It's OK.
Just "OK" jerryd? So, I guess not all Rose Craft knives are created equal...shocking since they're made in a communist country! :shock: On the other hand, it makes sense since they obviously don't have a Declaration of Independence. :lol:

Nevertheless, that knife has quite the slasher blade; a real Barber of Seville, Figaro throat-cutter! And I do like the blue highlights. ::tu::
KLJ77 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:44 am I believe, according to the Rosecraft web site, the 'bones' in the shape of an "A" with the rose at the top is the mark that the designer uses to depict what knives they have designed. This particular Clinch River T005 was designed by Andy Armstrong and this is his mark. I'm assuming the "A" stands for the first letter in his first & last name and the bones is something he came up with. Rosecraft uses the 'rose' because the founder's name is William Rose. Armstrong does not use a Rose at the top of the 'A, it is actually a 'skull' head, but it's hard to tell looking at the knife tang.
Mahalo for the info and link, LJ. Now I have a bit of a dilemma: After I looked at that mysterious symbol under a magnifying glass, I determined that it was probably a skull like you said, not a rose. But, just to be safe, I (stupidly) had my wife look at it...and, of course, she insisted it was in fact a rose, definitely not a skull. Naturally, I agreed with her (after all, in a marriage, you've got to choose your battles and I was willing to let her win this one). Now that you've confirmed my first inclination, I can't decide if I should tell her I was right. ::hmm:: Probably won't, because so often, the key to a successful relationship requires knowing when to shut up and let it go ::dang::. Tempting, though. ::nod::

~Q~
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

No dilemma 'Q'...let your wife have this win. Let your mind accept the 'Rose' of your wife's thought and be pleased with the peace presented thereof and let not your temptation destroy the beauty of your Rose. ::tu::

Blessings to you and yours. ::handshake::
LJ

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

KLJ77 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:59 am Me too, Cudgee...I'm also hoping their Tennessee factory becomes a reality, where they'll be another USA made knife manufacturer and they won't have to source their knife making designs to foreign country's.
I would not be holding my breath about manufacturing in USA. Not being negative but in todays economic climate and trying to get skilled cutlers might be a bridge too far. It all comes down to figures and the bottom line in the end, if the numbers don't stack up, they don't stack up. This is my opinion only, i could well be wrong, that is a constant in my predictions. :lol: :lol: :lol: ::nod:: ::tu::
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

cudgee wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:28 pm
KLJ77 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:59 am Me too, Cudgee...I'm also hoping their Tennessee factory becomes a reality, where they'll be another USA made knife manufacturer and they won't have to source their knife making designs to foreign country's.
I would not be holding my breath about manufacturing in USA. Not being negative but in todays economic climate and trying to get skilled cutlers might be a bridge too far. It all comes down to figures and the bottom line in the end, if the numbers don't stack up, they don't stack up. This is my opinion only, i could well be wrong, that is a constant in my predictions. :lol: :lol: :lol: ::nod:: ::tu::
I fully understand your thoughts, Cudgee. Even if it comes to fruition, it will take years to perfect their line of knives to where they'll be reputable enough to hold their own. We've seen this episode in several start-ups in the past two years. It doesn't happen overnight.
LJ

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

KLJ77 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:41 pm
I fully understand your thoughts, Cudgee. Even if it comes to fruition, it will take years to perfect their line of knives to where they'll be reputable enough to hold their own. We've seen this episode in several start-ups in the past two years. It doesn't happen overnight.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:22 am I wanted one like ~Q~ bought but they were out of stock so I settled for this one. It's OK.
Just "OK" jerryd? So, I guess not all Rose Craft knives are created equal...shocking since they're made in a communist country! :shock: On the other hand, it makes sense since they obviously don't have a Declaration of Independence. :lol:

[/quote]

"Just OK" because it wasn't the one I really wanted.

BTW the blade had a sticker on it that said "China". I peeled it off just because I could.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

KLJ77 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:15 pm No dilemma 'Q'...let your wife have this win. Let your mind accept the 'Rose' of your wife's thought and be pleased with the peace presented thereof and let not your temptation destroy the beauty of your Rose. ::tu::

Blessings to you and yours. ::handshake::
I am truly and sincerely humbled to be among such enlightened company. Mahalo for your wise counsel ::not_worthy::. You may rest assured that temptation has been resisted and peace reigns in the house of ~Q~ and my precious "Rose" ::handshake::

(...but, just to be clear: it is a skull!!!) ::not_saying::

~Q~
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Received my ~Q~ enticed Clinch River T005 yesterday. Man, am I a Happy Camper. I couldn't be more pleased with this one. The bone is SUPERB and that orange just explodes with 'taste.' I purchased this one from TPK (Traditional Pocket Knives), for they were the only ones who still had it. GREAT service!

Photos...yeah, I'm bragging.
Attachments
IMG_2373.JPG
IMG_2373.JPG (93.7 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
IMG_2388.JPG
IMG_2376.JPG
IMG_2376.JPG (97.44 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG (112.22 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
IMG_2385.JPG
IMG_2385.JPG (103.07 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
IMG_2392.JPG
IMG_2392.JPG (106.31 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG (113.77 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
IMG_2390.JPG
IMG_2390.JPG (88.79 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
IMG_2381.JPG
IMG_2381.JPG (95.97 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
LJ

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I like it and your creative pics.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That is simply outstanding, Ken!
I love that bright orange, to say nothing of the beautiful and unusual shape of the knife.
"Monkey see monkey do good", buddy!
8)
8)
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks Doglegg and Mark. ::handshake::
LJ

kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

KLJ77 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:41 pm
They had a Both next to where I was set up at The Blade Show ,I ask the Question about being made in the USA their answer was that they were looking for a Tax break from the state of Tennessee and that the Governor was their problem and that they haven't found property to put a factory yet. Sounds like a song and dance as to if they will make a USA Knife. If you like supporting your enemy they make a nice-looking knife not sure of quality and the price at the show was a good bit higher more in line with a Case Knife . Just My Opinion and everyone has one
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

KLJ77 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:43 pm Received my ~Q~ enticed Clinch River T005 yesterday. Man, am I a Happy Camper. I couldn't be more pleased with this one. The bone is SUPERB and that orange just explodes with 'taste.' I purchased this one from TPK (Traditional Pocket Knives), for they were the only ones who still had it. GREAT service!

Photos...yeah, I'm bragging.
that Q has a way of getting his monkey off his back with others wallets - he’s an amazing master of our minds - I mean Bourbon Orange covers with a cool wharnnie D2 blade and I’m fumbling for my wallet too!

Nice one Ken, at first I thought it was a fixed blade but as a folder it’s even cooler yet! Well done brother
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”