rough rider stockman,

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
wlf

Re: rough rider stockman,

Post by wlf »

I owned a small congress for about a year until the backspring broke.I knew better when I bought it.I watched and bought an old Wards on E-bay for $16.Steel liners and has great snap and that was about 6 years ago.It amazed me when I read this thread.I agree with Aplhr,Troyl, Bighead and Veiu.It would be advisable Zed to be tutored on buying on E-bay.I learned the hard way,several times.JMHO...........
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

wlf,

Zed reisides in the U.K. (United Kingdom) where ebay prohibits the sale of pocketknives.

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

philco wrote:wlf,

Zed reisides in the U.K. (United Kingdom) where ebay prohibits the sale of pocketknives.

Phil
I have been buying stuff on ebay since the early 00's but as mentioned above you cant buy knives on ebay here in the uk , this makes collecting very very hard,
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
theblindog

Post by theblindog »

for me, collecting knives is a hobby, so I think it should be a fun thing to do, and I could appreciate a good knife no matter where they were made, US, Japan, Germany, China, UK. not trying to get political here, just appreciating a fellow man's collection.
zed, that's a fine stockman you got there, good work on the pouch ::tu::
btw, I though pocket knives origin were from England?
Falah

"Have a sharp day!"
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

theblindog wrote:for me, collecting knives is a hobby, so I think it should be a fun thing to do, and I could appreciate a good knife no matter where they were made, US, Japan, Germany, China, UK. not trying to get political here, just appreciating a fellow man's collection.
zed, that's a fine stockman you got there, good work on the pouch ::tu::
btw, I though pocket knives origin were from England?

thanks mate, and yes there was a lot of knife makers here once upon a time shefield being the better known and some still made there but there are so many restrictions here it makes it hard and postage from overseas can bumb up a price beyondmy means, i was amazed at what is available in the U.S pocket knife wise but many dont ship overseas and as said price can go up a lot, for me its a money issue so these are what iam collecting and TBH ive got 2 RR's 2 timber wolves a elk ridge and a kissing cranes and they seem well made for the money, yes not upto say case but what i personaly can afford, if someone doasnt like these they dont have to post , but i will collect what i find on my journey and what is affordable for me, and the main thing for me is to enjoy them, ::tu::

paul
Paul,

TLARbb

Post by TLARbb »

I have a couple of RR knives and I really like their "gunstock" checkered bone, like on this stockman.

EJ
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

i like that one ej, another for my growing list lol

paul
Paul,

old timer1990

Post by old timer1990 »

I just order one myself from ebay in smooth red bone if its as good as the frost knives I got I will be very happy with it.
edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

Zed
I see the BUG has bitten deep. Soon if not already you will be carrying two or more at one time.
This is a disease and will only get worse, but the disease is the only sickness that is enjoyable.

Happy collecting Bill Wright
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

edgy46 wrote:Zed
I see the BUG has bitten deep. Soon if not already you will be carrying two or more at one time.
This is a disease and will only get worse, but the disease is the only sickness that is enjoyable.

Happy collecting Bill Wright
:D i would love to carry lots but here in the uk laws are so strick , 1 slip joint is fine but iit might be hard explaining why i have 3 :lol: ive been carrying the case xx sodbuster from phil all day and its been very usefull, ::tu::

paul
Paul,

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

zed.. You are going deeply into the.. which one do I carry today delemma!! ::shrug:: :lol: I have a soddie that I carry while rabbit hunting as my clean knife.. John ::tu::
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

jmh58 wrote:zed.. You are going deeply into the.. which one do I carry today delemma!! ::shrug:: :lol: I have a soddie that I carry while rabbit hunting as my clean knife.. John ::tu::

yeah i believe iam heading in that situation john lol, although i like the sod busters non threatening looks, good here in the uk where anything too tacticl or weapon looking is a big no no , not that i like stuff like that too much, i prefer more gentleman looking pocket knives ::tu::

paul
Paul,

wlf

Post by wlf »

I did not mean to be condescending,just trying to help from what little I know .We take so much for granted.God bless Zed
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

wlf wrote:I did not mean to be condescending,just trying to help from what little I know .We take so much for granted.God bless Zed
Its no problem wlf not everyone knows laws in different countries, here in the uk ebay stopped people selling bladed tools full stop, you cant even sell a multitool if it has a blade on it, i was amazed i grabbed those 2 little miniture richards a week ago as would normaly be removed one ebay see's them, its very sad but due to some stupid youths stabbing folk with KITCHEN knives (not nice knives) the laws now state blade under 3iches and non locking dut to making it like a fixed bladed knife, its a sad state of affiars, :(

paul
Paul,

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

BIGHEAD wrote:They SUCK and I will quit collecting when they are all made in CHINA ::huff::

PS not trying to start a feud or war just stating that I will not buy a China,Pakastani or other off shore knife :?

PS I have a very large collection of USA Made knives that will be for sale when this happens.
Listen I agree with ya but it's their thing let em be, with that said they CANNOT COMPARE these with Case Knives noway nohow;so let these china lovers enjoy ::shrug:: Buy AMERICAN the job you save may be your own ::handshake::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

garddogg56 wrote:
BIGHEAD wrote:They SUCK and I will quit collecting when they are all made in CHINA ::huff::

PS not trying to start a feud or war just stating that I will not buy a China,Pakastani or other off shore knife :?

PS I have a very large collection of USA Made knives that will be for sale when this happens.
Listen I agree with ya but it's their thing let em be, with that said they CANNOT COMPARE these with Case Knives noway nohow;so let these china lovers enjoy ::shrug:: Buy AMERICAN the job you save may be your own ::handshake::
i think the best things is to just ignore comments , if no interest in these knives stay off these posts simple, i like all pocket knives no matter what or where they come from but there is some patterns i dont like but i dont go on there posts slagging them off out of a simple work called RESPECT, we have a chinese section for people who like these knives so SIMPLE stay out of that section and bullie someone else , we cant all afford £50-£200 knives you know, ive been helped out by the nice people on this forum who themselves see my interest in pocket knives and have helped and incourged me ,its a shame this doesnt rub off on othere members , i will carry on collecting what i want as for me this is a fun hobby not a political hobby, with all the crap going on in this world its a shame there is folk who find the time to knock other peoples stuff, as they say take a close look in the mirror, oh why cant i afford expensive knives well lets see, one i live in the uk where laws are very strict and ebay wont allow sell of knives or any bladed tools, and i do a worth while job that is hard and mentaly draining looking after old folk with dementia that sadly i do as i love it but not for the poor pay packet i get, this is the last time i even respond to these posts and please can other members who like chinese made knives just ignore them and possibly they will go away ,
Paul,

Return to “Chinese-made knives”