MADE IN CHINA SCHRADES

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: MADE IN CHINA SCHRADES

Post by zed6309 »

alabama wrote:Charles that sits beside me at local flea market-has a son that owns ohio knives-he told me that his son sells more new schrades than any other brand.
Tbh I've not had a bad one as of yet and got a few to compare,there traditionally constructed to serviceable and I like that, ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Carried a 330OT Jack by Taylor for 2 days and it cut just fine.

So far so good with Taylor made Old Timers! ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157223450@N03/0r7219

A Genuine Bone 8OT Stockman by BTI!

The bone is nice and the fit and finish is solid! ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
UnderDawgAl

Post by UnderDawgAl »

I'll have to get a pic of my early post-closure Schrade that is a Kentucky Rifle model of the 8OT/881. I bid too quickly on the auction site without paying much attention, not realizing it wasn't US made. I ended up winning.

The sheep's foot blade had an uneven factory grind, so I spent 30 min or so evening out the grind with a coarse diamond stone. After I finally got an even burr, I took it all the way to 7000 grit. I think this blade is now the sharpest blade of any knife in the house.

I keep the knife in the armrest console in my pickup. No complaints about this knife now.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Sorry to hear that but it seems to be a trend with a lots of brands!
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

So far the Taylor made ones work fine!
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Still cutting what needs cutting!
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Carried the BTI Genuine Bone 8OT Stockman and a nice knife ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Been carrying this 89ot blazer for a while ,really like it ::tu::
20180704_170844-01.jpeg
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

They work great so far!
Keep Near the Cross.
Java

Post by Java »

I recently found myself missing the 34OT that I lost years and years ago, so I picked up one of the new ones. It's a nice little knife. No big gaps anywhere, the bevels are even on all three blades, and it holds an edge pretty well. If I had a complaint, it would be that the main blade has a halfstop that is no where near as crisp and "snappy" as a Case or a GEC. But, it does have a halfstop, which the Case and US made Buck medium stockmen don't have. (I like halfstops) To me it would be a bargain at twice the price. I'm currently going through sort of a mini-trapper phase, and I like my Middleman well enough, that when I saw a 94OTY Gunstock Trapper, I scooped it up. Same story, everything looks good, and it's got halftops on both blades. Again, sort of "mushy" and vague halfstops, but they do stop. For less than 25 bucks apiece, these knives are nothing to sneeze at! ::tu::
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

I love them! ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

How are those with this saw (Son of a Gun, Buzzsaw Trapper) in comparison to USA saws? Those work well, and I can't find either of those models at an affordable price.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Java wrote:I recently found myself missing the 34OT that I lost years and years ago, so I picked up one of the new ones. It's a nice little knife. No big gaps anywhere, the bevels are even on all three blades, and it holds an edge pretty well. If I had a complaint, it would be that the main blade has a halfstop that is no where near as crisp and "snappy" as a Case or a GEC. But, it does have a halfstop, which the Case and US made Buck medium stockmen don't have. (I like halfstops) To me it would be a bargain at twice the price. I'm currently going through sort of a mini-trapper phase, and I like my Middleman well enough, that when I saw a 94OTY Gunstock Trapper, I scooped it up. Same story, everything looks good, and it's got halftops on both blades. Again, sort of "mushy" and vague halfstops, but they do stop. For less than 25 bucks apiece, these knives are nothing to sneeze at! ::tu::
Hey Java, great first post. Good to have you here, welcome.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Java wrote:I recently found myself missing the 34OT that I lost years and years ago, so I picked up one of the new ones. It's a nice little knife. No big gaps anywhere, the bevels are even on all three blades, and it holds an edge pretty well. If I had a complaint, it would be that the main blade has a halfstop that is no where near as crisp and "snappy" as a Case or a GEC. But, it does have a halfstop, which the Case and US made Buck medium stockmen don't have. (I like halfstops) To me it would be a bargain at twice the price. I'm currently going through sort of a mini-trapper phase, and I like my Middleman well enough, that when I saw a 94OTY Gunstock Trapper, I scooped it up. Same story, everything looks good, and it's got halftops on both blades. Again, sort of "mushy" and vague halfstops, but they do stop. For less than 25 bucks apiece, these knives are nothing to sneeze at! ::tu::
Attachments
AAPK Welcome Sign - Latest 2-25-19.jpg
AAPK Welcome Sign - Latest 2-25-19.jpg (59.83 KiB) Viewed 6601 times
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Corso

Post by Corso »

If they went down the Carbon steel route like RR have i'd definatly try a 194OT

for now i'm trying to hunt down a USA made version
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Corso wrote:If they went down the Carbon steel route like RR have i'd definatly try a 194OT

for now i'm trying to hunt down a USA made version
They are making some in Carbon Steel!
Keep Near the Cross.
Corso

Post by Corso »

which ones and when will they be avalible?
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Here is a couple I picked up awhile back. Seem to be of decent quality but haven't used them so I can't comment on their edge retention.
Attachments
SchradeCutleryCo.FoldingHunter2018-1.JPG
SchradeCutleryCo.FoldingHunter2018-2.JPG
SchradeSCLH2FoldingHunter2018-1.JPG
SchradeSCLH2FoldingHunter2018-2.JPG
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Tups

Post by Tups »

Bought this OT at Walm@rt on sale after Christmas. Have carried in since. Great knife. Rock solid. Gets razor sharp easily and holds its edge well.
Attachments
B4C2FFBC-A71D-4A08-9B9B-D810232C204E.jpeg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

And it looks very good too. ::tu::
Tups

Post by Tups »

Yeah nice looking. It’s a liner lock with a pocket clip and a flipper. 4.5 closed. Blade 3.25. Came in a package deal with a real buster of a Bowie knife. A 10 inch blade I believe. Will send a pic of that one too. Both knives for $9.99 clearance price. Great deal.
Attachments
A39BC745-CEE5-49FC-A814-361448307DF1.jpeg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Now there's a series of Uncle Henries in D2. While I've swore off Chinese knives, these are really, really tempting. But, they are priced pretty highly. They seem to be of decent quality. Real stag scales too.

https://www.smkw.com/catalogsearch/resu ... e+henry+d2
Ruffinogold

Post by Ruffinogold »

For me it depends . They use a few different steels , some of which I'm not in favor of and a couple that I'm good with .

I purchased a " magic " assisted folder and the blade is Aus 8 , which is ok . They have a cr7 that is ok too . Their 400 stuff and the cr3 stuff is a no go for me . For some reason , i cant sharpen the cr3 very well and it frustrated me .
As fa4 as the construction of them , for the most part they're good , especially for the money

Imho , the American knives were better , especially the Derlin. The newer ones have much lighter weight Derlin and I don't like the feel and weight of it . I also prefer carbon steel , but these days it's damn near all stainless

I bought my son a newer sharp finger, which I'm a fan of that pattern big time . His just feels weird along without having the carbon steel ... meh . It did have a decent sheath

I hadc an orange camo China schrade that I used for work and I liked the hell out of it . I believe i left it on a roof out if town , and my luck , haven't been able to find another

For the money, they make a good knife for a work knife and are good to get for the boys ... they'll learn how to sharpen , no doubt
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ruffinogold, Welcome aboard. ::handshake:: As you can, kindly post some photos of whatever knives you may use or collect. I think you will find time spent on the forum to be interesting and worthwhile.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”