High Quality Chinese

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
PCwizard

Re: High Quality Chinese

Post by PCwizard »

kootenay joe wrote:That is a very attractive knife Gary; shapes, proportions and colors all flow together well.
With the CF it should be light weight which i see as good in an EDC for non bush carry.(i.e. heavier knife o.k. if hiking/camping)
Is the blade grind about the same as other Ganzo's, or is this one thinner just above the edge ?
Previously you showed the Ganzo 719 and then i felt a need to get one, except i got a few so i had extras for gifting. ("gifting", ha ! verbing nouns is phun)
Now i'm feeling a need for a new carbon fiber Ganzo !
kj
KJ - The knife is lighter them my other Ganzo, The liners and frame work are rock solid. I put this on the postage scale and it come in at 4.35oz. Fit and Finish are very good, I've found nothing wrong.

Now for the Blade - I copied from a review.

The blade of the Ganzo G753 is a 440C flat ground drop point, that tapers to a very acute tip. The delicate tip is further emphasized by a long swedge covering three-quarters of the spine. This is a very aggressive shape clearly prioritizing piercing over durability. Ganzo did moderate the thin tip by the use of a flat grind here instead of a hollow one. It balances out the lack at metal in the tip with extra material in the belly.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Gary, light weight, rock solid, great blade description, all adds up to one thing: I Need One, well, at least 1, maybe more, get 'em while you can. Some excellent production knives disappear after only one run.
kj
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Our Daughter teaches English at a University in Zhanjiang China. When she came home to visit last spring she gifted me with this Columbia Jinlang Co. folder.
She has been contributing to my addiction with some beautiful R/Rs over the past few years. I would like a Ganzo but I do not want to mention it to her.
TSA and LAX California does not get along with knives, even for non-carry-on luggage.
She has been lucky. I keep telling her nothing sharper than her elbow in her luggage.
I can imagine the look on the TSA agents face when he/she pushes the little button on a Ganzo G707 Auto. ::paranoid::
Attachments
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Jayronife/

Post by Jayronife/ »

I have Ganzo G727M-CA in my collection. Great quality and design.

Ganzo G727M-CA Specs:
G-lock
Producer: Ganzo Hardware
Model: Ganzo G727M
Blade: 440c stainless steel (58-60HRC)
Total length: 21cm
Handle material: G10 fiber-glass plastic
Blade size is 8.9 cm
Attachments
th-1770787339-1085x680.jpg
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

Jayronife/ wrote:I have Ganzo G727M-CA in my collection. Great quality and design.

Ganzo G727M-CA Specs:
G-lock
Blade size is 8.9 cm

Looks like a winner ::tu:: ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Jayronife/ wrote:I have Ganzo G727M-CA in my collection. Great quality and design.

Ganzo G727M-CA Specs:
G-lock
Blade size is 8.9 cm
On your recommendation, I just ordered one in orange. ---> http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-f ... 30536.html
Attachments
Ganzo G727M Web Page.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) Thought I would give them a Shot, also! I ordered a G7453P. Wonder how many months it will take for it to get here? ::shrug::
Attachments
7453P.JPG
7453P.JPG (43.64 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Are these Ganzo's autos?............. I hope...........
Looked quickly at their web site but couldn't determine if they were autos.
Thanks
Joe
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

No Joe. Neither one is an auto. But the G719 is ---> https://www.fasttech.com/product/205270 ... el-folding
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thanks Jerry. ::tu::
Joe
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

Looks like the "Sanrenmu 910" is back, they discontinued it a few years back (2013). I just found the new model under the Sanrenmu's "Land" brand.
It was a very good EDC. Looks just like a Chris Reeves Sebenza even more so then the Sanrenmu 710 or 7010.

The new ones are called "Sanrenmu Land 910 Plus" It has Sandvik 12C27 and they made a point to stamp it into the blade. They also added Anodized Blue Hardware, and removed the secondary lock which had problems. I'm finding the cost as high as $42 right now and people are buying. The first model hit a high on EBay of close to $100 when they discontinued it.

The seller below is one I've ordered from before, he has it for $22 and free USA shipping. He does have some bad reviews, but most are from people who have know idea what there buying and are expecting the world handed to them. I've never had any problem with him and have ordered from him a dozen times or more. About 3 weeks shipping to me here in Hawaii. As always remember its EBay and a Chinese seller so always be careful.

I just ordered one, only time will tell.

Producer: Sanrenmu "LAND" Brand
Blade: 12C27 Stainless Steel
Handle: G10
Liners Stainless Steel
Anodized Blue Thumb Stud and Lanyard Hole
Over All: 7 3/4
Blade: 3 1/4
Closed: 4 1/2
Liner Lock
Net Weight: 4.5 oz

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanrenmu-Land-9 ... 2518.l4276.

Attachments
san 1.jpg
san 3.jpg
san 4.jpg
san 5.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I used to have a 'LAND' same as the one above. I gave it away to someone who wasn't expecting anything.
I still have this knife which is the same profile but handle holes are a little different. The name is a logo on the blade that i cannot decipher but i think this is a SanRenMu made knife: 4 3/4", on back of blade "910 Plus" and "12C27". A few specks of light snow on blade.
kj
Attachments
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 006.jpg
Picture 007.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

kootenay joe wrote:I used to have a 'LAND' same as the one above. I gave it away to someone who wasn't expecting anything.
I still have this knife which is the same profile but handle holes are a little different. The name is a logo on the blade that i cannot decipher but i think this is a SanRenMu made knife: 4 3/4", on back of blade "910 Plus" and "12C27". A few specks of light snow on blade.
kj
Yes. SANRENMU MingRen 910 Plus.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you Jerry. Is the logo what id's it as Ming Ren ?
kj
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

jerryd6818 wrote:
kootenay joe wrote:I used to have a 'LAND' same as the one above. I gave it away to someone who wasn't expecting anything.
kj
Yes. SANRENMU MingRen 910 Plus.

Joe; What do you think of the steel in yours, do you really think its 12c27.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Gary, i know of no way to ID steel. This one is marked 12C27. Other inexpensive knives from China are marked "D2", and a few other of the more expensive knife steels.
The SanRenMu knives are mostly 8CR13MoV and experience with these is great: edge hold very well & easy to sharpen. Their slightly more expensive knives have 9Cr13MoV which is supposed to edge hold a bit longer. Both of these are Chinese steels and they are very good knife steels.
But are the blades with "D2"(German & American), "12C27"(Sweden) & other imported steels marked on them, actually these steels ?
I think the only way to know would be for a metallurgical lab to test the steel composition.
There are many of us who would be interested in the results.
kj
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Hi Roland - I have a friend who is a machinist at NASA and he has tons of sophisticated testing equipment available for testing steel hardness at work but at home he uses a set of hardness files that gives him a good guesstimate of how hard a piece of steel is. I found them on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-PC-HARDNESS-T ... Sw4GVYUBxI for about $120.

The files are color coded and marked for hardness. He starts out with the hardest file and does a scratch test on the piece of steel and retests using softer files until he reaches a file that does not scratch the piece of steel. The exact hardness falls between the file that scratched and the file that wouldn't. He did say that he finds them difficult to use because hand pressure is so inconsistent.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Tom, if i can find a set of hardness files for less $$ on the secondary market i would likely buy them. But that would only give hardness which is more related to tempering than to steel type.
kj
Jayronife/

Post by Jayronife/ »

jerryd6818 wrote:

Ganzo G727M-CA Specs:
G-lock
Blade size is 8.9 cm
On your recommendation, I just ordered one in orange. ---> http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-f ... 30536.html
Hello @jerryd6818,

Nice choice. I bought my knife not through the mentioned seller... Previously, I had some problems with service, that's why I don't want to contact with them anymore. I just wrote the letter by e-mail info@ganzoknife.com(found it on Ganzo producer website) and they recommended me official dealer. Enjoy your knife! :wink:
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

The Frost Honk Fall Stockmans are as good as it get.
Keep Near the Cross.
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) Got a package from Hong Kong yesterday. Ordered some Ganzo's and Sanrenmu's to check them out and I have to say for the money they are not to Bad! Top three Knives are Ganzo's, G-10 - Wood - Carbon Fiber Scales with Axis Locks. The botton two are Sanrenmu 910 Plus, liner locks with G-10 Scales. 5 Knives All for the Whopping Grand total of $87.00 shipping included. I really do like the 2 Sanrenmu 910 Plus knives the fit and finish is first class and the action is very smooth. On a side note, the MingRen 910 Plus Knives I have seen in some of the previous posts here, are actually another Chinese Companies COPIES of the Sanrenmu 910 Plus. How Ironic is That! ::dang:: Sanrenmu copies a Chris Reeves Design and MingRen copies a best selling copy. ::nod::
Attachments
GEARBEST CHINA TACTICALS.JPG
GEARBEST 2.JPG
MITCH

"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

MITCH RAPP wrote:8) Got a package from Hong Kong yesterday. Ordered some Ganzo's and Sanrenmu's to check them out and I have to say for the money they are not to Bad! Top three Knives are Ganzo's, G-10 - Wood - Carbon Fiber Scales with Axis Locks. The botton two are Sanrenmu 910 Plus, liner locks with G-10 Scales. 5 Knives All for the Whopping Grand total of $87.00 shipping included. I really do like the 2 Sanrenmu 910 Plus knives the fit and finish is first class and the action is very smooth. On a side note, the MingRen 910 Plus Knives I have seen in some of the previous posts here, are actually another Chinese Companies COPIES of the Sanrenmu 910 Plus. How Ironic is That! ::dang:: Sanrenmu copies a Chris Reeves Design and MingRen copies a best selling copy. ::nod::

That was a nice package to receive, Sanrenmu has to be doing something right when another Chinese Company copy's them.

Gary
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

My G727M showed up today. It took five weeks and there was no communication. That's my last order from BestGear. The knife seems very well made. The thumb stud is easy to use (I'm not very good with them) and the blade lock is very solid. I'm satisfied with it.
Attachments
Ganzo G727M - Mark Open.JPG
Ganzo G727M - Pile Full Open.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I ordered 5 or 6 knives through GearBest yesterday. The SRM 7010 was $6 & change yesterday. Didn't order it because Roland sent me one. It is pretty nice and convinced me of their quality.

I got a couple Gonzo's too, a green one like Jerry's orange one.
I tended to order larger knives to fit my hand.

I think my total was $53 for 6 knives and shipping.
If they are as good as the 7010 I will be happy. The 7010 is just a tad small for my hand if I am using it much.

I will post them when I get them. I would like to see yours too Mitch. ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

jerryd6818 wrote:My G727M showed up today. It took five weeks and there was no communication. That's my last order from BestGear. The knife seems very well made. The thumb stud is easy to use (I'm not very good with them) and the blade lock is very solid. I'm satisfied with it.

Looks like a winner.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”