High Quality Chinese

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: High Quality Chinese

Post by orvet »

philco wrote:Gary that $25 shipping charge would be cost prohibitive for me.
Phil, here is a link to the 910 I have, $14.79 and $3 or so in shipping.
http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-a ... tml?wid=21
I really like this one, one of my favorite Chinese made knives, which reminds me I have to get pics and post a couple more.

Roland,
The 'old' SanRenMu 710 is the one you sent me isn't it? It is a very good knife.
BTW, I haven't forgotten about the comparison you wanted to do with the knives you sent me; I have added a few to the equation though! :mrgreen:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

philco wrote:Gary that $25 shipping charge would be cost prohibitive for me.
I was just showing the new product, thats why I said "I would find a different seller the one in the links below is over charging on shipping"
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "
Roland,
The 'old' SanRenMu 710 is the one you sent me isn't it? It is a very good knife."

Yes it is. I am still carrying & using the first SRM 710 i got 7 years ago. The frame lock is still rock solid & edge retention continues to impress.
kj
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

So how long does it take to receive an order from gear best? I just ordered two knives from them.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

vikingdog wrote:So how long does it take to receive an order from gear best? I just ordered two knives from them.
2-4 weeks if it's coming from the land of sliding doors and..... uh, well you probably know the rest of that.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Most shipments from China arrive fairly soon, like under 2 weeks. But sometimes a package takes longer, up to 4 weeks. However in my experience they always do arrive.
kj
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

Thanks, I'm glad we're talking weeks instead of months. I finally found some knives I can afford. ::ds::
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

Mike
Producer

Post by Producer »

I think these Ganzos are pretty nice.
Attachments
DSC03001.JPG
DSC03002.JPG
DSC03003.JPG
DSC03004.JPG
DSC03005.JPG
DSC03006.JPG
DSC03011.JPG
DSC03012.JPG
I never met a Schrade I didn't like
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

Here is the Feenom...Produced in China someone is paid,shipped to USA someone is paid,sold to distributor someone is paid,sold to market place someone is paid,consumer ends up paying for product and spends 7 to 18 dollars and everybody is happy.How much for a SOMETIMES quality knife does it cost to do this? A friend of mine likes to carry a pocket knife as most southern boys and girls do and he came to me a year or so back with as nice of a bone handled sharp good feeling knife as one would need and he gave 12 dollars shipped to his door..ROUGH RIDER>...Back to what someone said earlier,if it feels good and you like it...get it.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

All those way stations in the supply chain and everyone makes money. At the prices they go for on eBay, I would really like to see the base cost to produce.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

I'm very happy with the Sanrenmu knives I bought from Gearbest.com, especially the Land 910. I'm glad I bought two of them, the best knife for the money I've ever bought. They took three weeks to arrive.
Attachments
IMG_4846.JPG

Mike
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

vikingdog wrote:I'm very happy with the Sanrenmu knives I bought from Gearbest.com, especially the Land 910. I'm glad I bought two of them, the best knife for the money I've ever bought. They took three weeks to arrive.
Just checked Gearbest.com and there having a flash sale on the Land 910 at $14.79 each, not sure what you paid. Just letting everyone know there on sale.

Good looking knives Vikingdog been wanting to buy another one, Going to order today with the sale price.
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

That's what I paid too, about $8 less than eBay. I bought 3 other Sanrenmu knives too that were only $6 or $7. They're nice but just a little too small. The 910 has been in my pocket since it arrived, my new favorite knife.

Mike
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

Powercutlery.com has a few ganzo autos left but you better order quick. Shipping on the cheap too. I've ordered probably 20 or more, mostly autos, probably why they are almost out. I highly recommend them. Hope this helps anyone wanting them and they have more than just ganzo.
Sut Tatersaul

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

Hi,All:
It pains me clear down into my gizzard,to admit how impressed that I am, with a couple of knives that I acquired recently. they are of very high quality, sharp as a razor, and just beautiful. I might have known that they were made in China, as the price was extremely reasonable. I have become interested in money clip knives, and both these little knives are of that design. One is a Browning, #0097, BRK- SM- Cocobolo, lock open folder, the other a Mtech USA MT-1238, also a lock open folder, with a very thin smooth action, and a dull finish. both are made of Stainless steel. I only wish knives of this quality could be made, and sold, in the USA, for reasonable prices. Here are pictures of them, shown with other knives of that type. You may or not agree with my opinion, but, everyone has, an opinion, just as they they also all have "rear ends".
Sut Tatersaul
Attachments
DSC01758.JPG
DSC01759.JPG
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
Sut Tatersaul

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

Here are a few more high quality Chinese knives taken two months later. It pains me to say it, but The quality is right up there with the first few that I pictured, a couple more are even fancier, and are of even higher quality of workmanship. Quite a bargain for the price paid, and even free shipping. It really points out what the Chinese can, and are, doing, also what some of our shameless knife makers in this country are selling to us under their own brand names. I am afraid the "shenanigns" being pulled on us American knife collectors by some of our USA makers, will all come home to roost, on their front porches, down the road, later. The sad part of this situation is, It will hit the collector, as well as the shameless USA makers. We will just wait, and see. Pardon the rant, and thanks for sharing.
Sut Tatersaul
Attachments
DSC01810.JPG
DSC01813.JPG
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

vikingdog wrote:I'm very happy with the Sanrenmu knives I bought from Gearbest.com, especially the Land 910. I'm glad I bought two of them, the best knife for the money I've ever bought. They took three weeks to arrive.
Mike, you're a bad influence. I had to go to Gearbest and get one of those Land 910's, all because of you. :mrgreen: $13.99, they must be trying to get rid of the black ones.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

So Jerry how do you like it? I've been carrying my every day for about 6 months. I love it.
Attachments
IMG_4846.JPG

Mike
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

I completely agree w/ the love for these better quality Chinese knives.
There are three schools of thought about them.
1) Thieving, lying, fishturds...
2) Who cares. They're not made in America.
3) Love em.

Every classic knife pattern was copied from someone else. Just a fact but an accepted fact. Modern knives are going to be no different in 50 years. People see an idea, and modify it to suit the markets demand, and that is the bottom line.

Now China made knives come in all grades just like American made knives. You can buy "gas station" knives, ebay knives, or mail order knives. It all comes down to how educated the consumer is, and what they expect, need, and accept.

I bought those gas station knives for most of my life. A few months ago I got a Gerber FAST draw, and that started my search for better knives. Ebay... I bought all the wrong things, AliBaba... I found Ganzo, and Sarenmu. I couldn't wait to shout it from the trees, and then I found all the hate... The reasons for hate sound real but it's not really a solid argument in most cases. It is based more on feelings than the reality of business, and global economy.

So I figure I would avoid the hate, and see what the nay sayers had to offer... 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 hundred dollars for a KNIFE???
3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 grand for a KNIFE??? WHAT???

I have found my niche in vintage knifes. Mint condition is great but I will accept less.
For new knives I buy the better Chinese brands like Rough Rider, Ganzo, and Sarenmu.

I bought a couple new Imperials thinking they were US made... Gerber... Spyderco... Camillus, all made in China, and not as well as the REAL Chinese brands.
I sure don't get everything but I get value for the dollar, and I understand selling something to someone for a fair price to see them happy.

A decent knife for 20 bucks? Yep! Is a $700.00 knife any better? I'll never know. ::td::
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

BERRY WELL SAID GRASSHOPPER...KUNFU AGREE MUCH WITH WHAT YOU SAY.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

vikingdog wrote:So Jerry how do you like it? I've been carrying my every day for about 6 months. I love it.
Dog, it really did nothing for me. I was very blasé about it but one of my buddy's instantly took a liking to it. Said it just felt "right" in his hand, so I gave it to him. In the end it found a good home, just not my home.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I recently bought a Real Steel G3 "Puukko" with 'duplex' grind for $75. I have posted a picture of it here on AAPK but cant' find it to link to.
My impression ? incredibly well made precision knife, easily worth $75 especially when a full size Sebenza is $450 +.
Does anyone have experience with "WE" knives or "Reate" knives ? Both of these are said to be small companies striving to make the best possible folding knife. Most are in the $200- $450 range but a few are as high as $900.
I don't at this time see how a knife could be that much better than my $75 Real Steel G3 but i would like to get one just to see what the excitement is about. Difficulty is: choosing on line from the large number of patterns/models available. Would be easier to choose in person after handling. Next best is reading what others who do own one have to say, so please post if you have a WE or Reate.
kj
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

jerryd6818 wrote: Dog, it really did nothing for me. I was very blasé about it but one of my buddy's instantly took a liking to it. Said it just felt "right" in his hand, so I gave it to him. In the end it found a good home, just not my home.
Well, at least it didn't cost too much to find out.

Mike
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

vikingdog wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote: Dog, it really did nothing for me. I was very blasé about it but one of my buddy's instantly took a liking to it. Said it just felt "right" in his hand, so I gave it to him. In the end it found a good home, just not my home.
Well, at least it didn't cost too much to find out.
Roger that. ::tu::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

The 707 and 7211 are my favorite Ganzo's, excuse me if I already posted this. I'm killing a little time waiting on someone.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”