High Quality Chinese

Whether we like them or loath them, Chinese manufactured knives have found their way into collections of all sorts across the entire globe. The intent of this forum is to offer a place where AAPK members can discuss the knives and not the politics.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: High Quality Chinese

Postby orvet » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:06 am

philco wrote:Gary that $25 shipping charge would be cost prohibitive for me.

Phil, here is a link to the 910 I have, $14.79 and $3 or so in shipping.
http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-a ... tml?wid=21
I really like this one, one of my favorite Chinese made knives, which reminds me I have to get pics and post a couple more.

Roland,
The 'old' SanRenMu 710 is the one you sent me isn't it? It is a very good knife.
BTW, I haven't forgotten about the comparison you wanted to do with the knives you sent me; I have added a few to the equation though! :mrgreen:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

orvet@comcast.net
Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain

PCwizard
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby PCwizard » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:43 am

philco wrote:Gary that $25 shipping charge would be cost prohibitive for me.

I was just showing the new product, thats why I said "I would find a different seller the one in the links below is over charging on shipping"

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Quote: "
Roland,
The 'old' SanRenMu 710 is the one you sent me isn't it? It is a very good knife."

Yes it is. I am still carrying & using the first SRM 710 i got 7 years ago. The frame lock is still rock solid & edge retention continues to impress.
kj

vikingdog

Postby vikingdog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 pm

So how long does it take to receive an order from gear best? I just ordered two knives from them.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jerryd6818 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:28 pm

vikingdog wrote:So how long does it take to receive an order from gear best? I just ordered two knives from them.

2-4 weeks if it's coming from the land of sliding doors and..... uh, well you probably know the rest of that.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Most shipments from China arrive fairly soon, like under 2 weeks. But sometimes a package takes longer, up to 4 weeks. However in my experience they always do arrive.
kj

vikingdog

Postby vikingdog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Thanks, I'm glad we're talking weeks instead of months. I finally found some knives I can afford. ::ds::
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

Mike

Producer

Postby Producer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:17 pm

I think these Ganzos are pretty nice.
Attachments
DSC03001.JPG
DSC03002.JPG
DSC03003.JPG
DSC03004.JPG
DSC03005.JPG
DSC03006.JPG
DSC03011.JPG
DSC03012.JPG
I never met a Schrade I didn't like

WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby WAYNED » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:34 pm

Here is the Feenom...Produced in China someone is paid,shipped to USA someone is paid,sold to distributor someone is paid,sold to market place someone is paid,consumer ends up paying for product and spends 7 to 18 dollars and everybody is happy.How much for a SOMETIMES quality knife does it cost to do this? A friend of mine likes to carry a pocket knife as most southern boys and girls do and he came to me a year or so back with as nice of a bone handled sharp good feeling knife as one would need and he gave 12 dollars shipped to his door..ROUGH RIDER>...Back to what someone said earlier,if it feels good and you like it...get it.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jerryd6818 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:00 pm

All those way stations in the supply chain and everyone makes money. At the prices they go for on eBay, I would really like to see the base cost to produce.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

vikingdog

Postby vikingdog » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:29 am

I'm very happy with the Sanrenmu knives I bought from Gearbest.com, especially the Land 910. I'm glad I bought two of them, the best knife for the money I've ever bought. They took three weeks to arrive.
Attachments
IMG_4846.JPG

Mike

PCwizard
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby PCwizard » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:00 pm

vikingdog wrote:I'm very happy with the Sanrenmu knives I bought from Gearbest.com, especially the Land 910. I'm glad I bought two of them, the best knife for the money I've ever bought. They took three weeks to arrive.

Just checked Gearbest.com and there having a flash sale on the Land 910 at $14.79 each, not sure what you paid. Just letting everyone know there on sale.

Good looking knives Vikingdog been wanting to buy another one, Going to order today with the sale price.

vikingdog

Postby vikingdog » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:15 am

That's what I paid too, about $8 less than eBay. I bought 3 other Sanrenmu knives too that were only $6 or $7. They're nice but just a little too small. The 910 has been in my pocket since it arrived, my new favorite knife.

Mike

sam eib

Postby sam eib » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Powercutlery.com has a few ganzo autos left but you better order quick. Shipping on the cheap too. I've ordered probably 20 or more, mostly autos, probably why they are almost out. I highly recommend them. Hope this helps anyone wanting them and they have more than just ganzo.

Sut Tatersaul

Postby Sut Tatersaul » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi,All:
It pains me clear down into my gizzard,to admit how impressed that I am, with a couple of knives that I acquired recently. they are of very high quality, sharp as a razor, and just beautiful. I might have known that they were made in China, as the price was extremely reasonable. I have become interested in money clip knives, and both these little knives are of that design. One is a Browning, #0097, BRK- SM- Cocobolo, lock open folder, the other a Mtech USA MT-1238, also a lock open folder, with a very thin smooth action, and a dull finish. both are made of Stainless steel. I only wish knives of this quality could be made, and sold, in the USA, for reasonable prices. Here are pictures of them, shown with other knives of that type. You may or not agree with my opinion, but, everyone has, an opinion, just as they they also all have "rear ends".
Sut Tatersaul
Attachments
DSC01758.JPG
DSC01759.JPG
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter

Return to “Chinese Factory Manufactured Knives”