The ""Asian Version of Kershaw Leek""

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
big monk

The ""Asian Version of Kershaw Leek""

Post by big monk »

Picked up a couple of these knives at bargain basement price**, been carrying one for about a week and it seems to be a well made knife -- Stainless steel blade,spring assisted open,with a few Dragon-Fly designs -- looks like these are the exact copies, of the Kershaw Leek,and with a shot of oil to the joints,works just as well :) ____________________________ guess I'm getting cheap,in my old age ::hmm::

Hey JerryD --- you seen these or have any ???? ::paranoid::
Attachments
IMG_2932 (2).JPG
IMG_2934 (2).JPG
IMG_2940 (2).JPG
IMG_2941 (2).JPG
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: The ""Asian Version of Kershaw Leek""

Post by jerryd6818 »

I do not have one. Yours are the first ones I've seen. You've corrupted me so I have a snipe set for one. We'll see.
Any brand name on them? I'm assuming they're from China?????
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Wow those look cool Monk! Thanks for posting. I have not bought a knife in a very long time so I ordered one! I found some on Flea Bay at KY Knives. The one I bought was 10.95 with free shipping! Cant wait to give it a workout. ::tu::
big monk

Post by big monk »

jerryd6818 wrote:I do not have one. Yours are the first ones I've seen. You've corrupted me so I have a snipe set for one. We'll see.
Any brand name on them? I'm assuming they're from China?????
JerryD --- they don't have a brand ( so to speak ) other than ""Masters Collection Ballistic Dragonfly"" -- they are made in China -- below are pictures of the box & blade, with info -- I bought three of them for $8 each shipped** __ :) -- carried it again today,with no complaints !!!

Since some of the Kershaw models are made in China, I wonder if these are from the same mfg.plant ?? ::shrug:: ___ I did notice that these knives only have two (2) handle screws on the mark side,where the Leek has three (3) -- and they do not have the ""Tip-Lock"" on the back side,like the Leek :)
Attachments
IMG_2947 (2).JPG
IMG_2948 (3).JPG
IMG_2942.JPG
s-l1600.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I see it says on the blade that it's a "USA Design". No shirt Sherlock.

I'm going to get one anyway. By the way, I have yet to see a genuine Leek that's not made in the USA.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
S2K

Post by S2K »

You know that this is a ripoff of an American iconic knife. At $38 for an authentic Leek you're not going to break the bank. I would be ashamed to carry one.

Nothing against legit Chinese knife makers. This is blatant piracy.
T.J.
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

You know, I carried the one I bought for a while. I gave it to my granddaughter. She is not as particular as I am and she loves it! I mean it cuts, it comes very sharp and holds its edge well for what it is. However I find that Master Ballistic Dragonfly only appears the same as a Leek. Its a thick handled and heavy knife, due to it being a liner lock instead of a frame lock like the Leek. It opens slower and lacks the satisfying snick sound that the Leek makes. The Dragonfly is a nice looking knife and the price makes it a good buy. And I do like the looks of the Dragonflies etched on the knife. But for my money there is no comparison. The Leek has better blade steel. It's slimmer and lighter. It opens faster and holds its edge much longer. The Dragonfly, I knew it was in my pocket while the Leek sort of disappears. And only time will tell which knife has longer lasting pivots and springs, the Leek will win I suspect. 8) The cheaper assisted opening knives from China wear faster, needs to be cleaned and oiled more often. Guess you know which one I like ::nod::
Here are some side by side pics of the two knives.
DSCN0006.JPG
DSCN0007.JPG
DSCN0008.JPG
DSCN0009.JPG
DSCN0010.JPG
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Glad to be seeing these posts....I missed them until now!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I did buy one ($8.95) and was so apathetic about the knife I didn't even bother taking my own pictures. This picture is the sellers picture. I don't hate it. I don't love it. It just is.
Attachments
Masters Collection Ballistic (Leek Look Alike).jpg
Masters Collection Ballistic (Leek Look Alike) Pile Closed.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Chinese-made knives”