The Ganzo Thread

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
WillyCamaro

Re: The Ganzo Thread

Post by WillyCamaro »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:05 am
Byrd wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:39 pm Got my first Ganzo today, the FH11 Firebird flipper. G10 handles and D2 steel. I love the blade shape and it shaved hair out of the box. Reversible pocket clip. The only concern I have it the liner lock doesn't fully engage the blade. I'll see how that goes. As a first impression I like it! For $20 it rivals my Buck Vantage and my Ontario Rat 1.
A lot of liner locks do not "fully engage the blade". In fact, you really don't want 100% engagement because it makes it harder to release the lock than it really needs to be and over time, using the liner will naturally cause it to move to the right a bit. I have read that anywhere in the 30-60% range is fine.

Someone please correct me if I have that wrong!
I think you are spot on in your assessment TFL ::tu:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Just got this in the mail, Ganzo G747 automatic. I'm impressed with the quality of these knives. 440C steel, sharp out of the box and G10 handles for under $25. It doesn't fire as strong as I'd like but I'll oil it and see if that improves.
Attachments
20191129_141304_HDR.jpg
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I have one that fires so hard it won't lock up if you hold it with a firm grip.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

This one's better now. I put some Lucas gun oil in it and that greatly improved its action.
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I just found this thread fellas, and realized it was an opportunity to post my 3 Ganzo/Firebirds! Can't recall the model numbers exactly except for the 707, but they've been stated earlier in the previous pages! Great knives, great prices! It amazes me that they can keep pumping these out for under US$25., but they do! As was mentioned earlier, these G/F's don't fire as hard as one would like straight outta the box, but with the application of a couple of drops of Quick release oil, BANG, fast n' hard opening and solid lock-up every time! 8)
WIN_20210222_15_06_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210222_15_06_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210222_15_07_13_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Been awhile since I posted in this thread, but this new Ganzo came today in an order I placed with my pal Jamie, so here goes! It's an FB7651-GR A/O axis-lock with a 440C SS clip/drop (?) point blade with ambi-studs, SS liners and screws, green G-10 covers, adjustable pivot, axis-lock, and pocket-clip. Weighs about 4 oz.'s and came very sharp. Opens and closes smoothly and the fit and finish is excellent. It came with an installed SS plate that screws into the divot left from moving the clip from front to back or vice-versa, which I think is a great feature! 8)
WIN_20221121_13_58_50_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221121_13_59_20_Pro.jpg
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:23 am Been awhile since I posted in this thread, but this new Ganzo came today in an order I placed with my pal Jamie, so here goes! It's an FB7651-GR A/O axis-lock with a 440C SS clip/drop (?) point blade with ambi-studs, SS liners and screws, green G-10 covers, adjustable pivot, axis-lock, and pocket-clip. Weighs about 4 oz.'s and came very sharp. Opens and closes smoothly and the fit and finish is excellent. It came with an installed SS plate that screws into the divot left from moving the clip from front to back or vice-versa, which I think is a great feature! 8)WIN_20221121_13_58_50_Pro.jpgWIN_20221121_13_59_20_Pro.jpg
Man got to love that GREEN it looks good on you.
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Nice try buddy, but if green looks good on me it's only cuz I'm ill! LOL! ::rotflol:: 8)
8)

Return to “Chinese-made knives”