Queen City ?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
OSCAR

Queen City ?

Post by OSCAR »

Saw some cheap priced knives with Queen City tang stamp. Assuming that they are made in China. Has the name and logo been sold ?? I’d rather they were gone for good than downgraded like Camillus were.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
cody6268

Re: Queen City ?

Post by cody6268 »

Yes. At the auction, an individual (supposedly associated with Bluegrass Cutlery if I recall) bought the trademarks and the equipment. He'd planned to restart production of Queen knives in Ohio, but last year, sold all Queen trademarks except for Schatt and Morgan to SMKW. SMKW has a token two Bear and Son-made Queens, but the rest are all Chinese-made. What else do you expect from them? It's this kind of stuff why I really don't like doing business with them, preferring other dealers like my own local knife store (who has an online storefront, which I order from a lot) or KnivesShipFree.
Kramersknife

Post by Kramersknife »

Just read this post Makes me Mad I was at that auction and heard someone talking about "buying up the stuff so it wouldn't cheapen the brand" I assumed it was a guy from Tidioute Great Eastern knives but maybe that was him.Shame to see that happen.I walked all the floors and even into the depths of the wet dripping basement and could feel all those workers hammering away.I bought some knives and parts to rebuild some.Wish I had bought more now..
RancherinAz

Post by RancherinAz »

And the hits keep right on comin' ....

Return to “Chinese-made knives”