Watchman Brother Knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Watchman Brother Knives

Post by Mumbleypeg »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:55 am
Fit and finish on both the 1503 & 1508 in both handle materials is top notch and comparable to any made-in-China AG Russell knives. One noticeable, and possibly "telling" characteristic is the interior striker pin that keeps the blade from ever touching the backspring when snapping closed. This is a feature on many Chinese AG Russell knives. There has been speculation that the reason for the apparent similarity in appearance is because Brother knives are actually made in the same Chinese factory as the AG Russell knives---a rumor I can not confirm with any evidence other than the Brother knives themselves which bear remarkable similarity to China made AG Russell knives (of which I have owned more than a few over the years.)
It’s highly probable these could be from the same factory as AG Russell knives. It’s a very typical example of what the Chicoms do. You teach them how to make the product, then they produce an identical or very similar product and go into competition with you at a lower price. Exactly why a company I worked for never gave them any contracts to produce products using leading-edge technology. They still eventually copied our products, it just took them longer since we did not teach them how to make them.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kootenay joe

Re: Watchman Brother Knives

Post by kootenay joe »

David, thank you for the link. This is really neat, a company that makes their own knives. "Watchman Brothers" was started by 2 guys in China in 2013. Both are passionate knifers and they build their own factory to make their own knives.
I had thought is was more like Rough Rider, e.g. businessman in USA or UK contracts with an existing factory in China to make knives to specifications given.
I am impressed & neat pictures of their factory and 'team'. Their motto is something like "Everybody deserves one good knife that will last a lifetime".
Now i know i need one. :shock:
kj

Return to “Chinese-made knives”