Giving me the Bird. "Finch" bird that is.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Giving me the Bird. "Finch" bird that is.

Post by Old Folder »

I do not know how I missed "Finch" knives for the past few months.
"Finch" is a new blossoming knife company, their knives are designed in Stillwater Kansas USA, and produced by QSP.
You can find out about the Finch company on their website below:

https://finchknifeco.com/

Two excellent YouTube videos on the Finch knives can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IstJNqKZ1qE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drK7yOgFDAE

I have the Doc. Holliday below, which came out last month. It comes in three handle materials. I am not crazy about white handled knives but the "Smooth White Ox-Bone" spoke to me on this pattern, kind of a toss-up. They have a nice Shield with a glow in the dark logo. Every knife comes with a couple stickers, a band aid and life warranty card.
The first picture with the three knife handles below is not mine.

Finch Holliday.jpg

All Finch knives have inspirational names of famous people and historical geographic wonders.
I currently have the "Doc. Holliday" and Finches newest production, the "Cimarron" knife. I have three others on order, the "Runtly" "Takuna" and the "Model 1929." I"ll post pictures of them later.

Doc Holliday:

Doc Holliday.jpg
IMG_0006 (8).JPG
IMG_0007 (3).JPG
IMG_0002 (8).JPG
IMG_0003 (6).JPG
IMG_0008 (3).JPG
IMG_0001 (10).JPG

If Finch knife company is out of stock, they will give you other sellers that stock Finch Knives, to include C.Risner Cutlery and Traditionalpocketnives.com Owned by: Austin Jackson. Clarence Risner was the founder of C. Risner Cutlery in 1974. Austin Jackson, is Clarence's grandson and is now the owner.
Many of the members here on aapk know of Clarence Risner and his great contributions he made to the cutlery world. Sadly, we lost Clarence in 2016.
I purchased most of my "Fight'n Rooster" knives from Clarence in the early and mid-1980s via landline and So. Ca. Blade Expo in Pasadena Ca. This was prior to the internet.

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Giving me the Bird. "Finch" bird that is.

Post by TripleF »

Boy oh boy, that is something......I've been seeing them around. Love the wharncliffe blade...uh-huh!!

Knice knives Dan!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

Another Chinese knife. I'm underwhelmed.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

C. Risner has been emailing me about these. ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

TripleF wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:32 am Boy oh boy, that is something......I've been seeing them around. Love the wharncliffe blade...uh-huh!!

Knice knives Dan!! ::tu::

Thank you Scott. ::handshake::
Dan
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Below is the Finch "Cimarron" the most current Finch knife, and released this month, Jan. 2021
Open length is 7.90" The Bead Blasted Smooth Tanto Blade is 3.40" G-10 handles. Titanium pocket clip. Also has Finches beautiful glow-in the-dark shield logo. Available in a variety of colors. Just like the "Doc Holliday knife above, it comes with a couple stickers, a band aid and life warranty card.
The "Cimarron" was inspired by the elegance of giant pinwheels sprouting within the Kansas landscapes from actual wind farms.
The workmanship, fit and finish is excellent. The flipper action is as smooth as butter. Blade centering is perfect.

IMG_0005 (9).JPG
IMG_0006 (9).JPG
IMG_0009 (3).JPG
IMG_0008 (4).JPG
IMG_0007 (4).JPG
IMG_0003 (7).JPG
Dan
Dan
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I'l be your Huckleberry!

Great looking knives, Dan. C. Risner sent me their link saying they're on the way.
Attachments
Doc Holliday.jpg
Doc Holliday.jpg (34.59 KiB) Viewed 4802 times
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

KLJ77 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:22 am I'l be your Huckleberry!

Great looking knives, Dan. C. Risner sent me their link saying they're on the way.
Thank you LJ.
Love the Huckleberry line. Excellent movie, and I think you'll find the Finch knives are also excellent.

Dan
Dan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Old Folder wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:46 am I do not know how I missed "Finch" knives for the past few months.
"Finch" is a new blossoming knife company, their knives are designed in Stillwater Kansas USA, and produced by QSP.

I have the Doc. Holliday below, which came out last month. It comes in three handle materials. I am not crazy about white handled knives but the "Smooth White Ox-Bone" spoke to me on this pattern, kind of a toss-up. They have a nice Shield with a glow in the dark logo. Every knife comes with a couple stickers, a band aid and life warranty card.

Finch Holliday.jpg

All Finch knives have inspirational names of famous people and historical geographic wonders.
I currently have the "Doc. Holliday" and Finches newest production, the "Cimarron" knife. I have three others on order, the "Runtly" "Takuna" and the "Model 1929." I"ll post pictures of them later.

Doc Holliday:

Doc Holliday.jpgIMG_0006 (8).JPGIMG_0007 (3).JPGIMG_0002 (8).JPGIMG_0003 (6).JPGIMG_0008 (3).JPGIMG_0001 (10).JPG

If Finch knife company is out of stock, they will give you other sellers that stock Finch Knives, to include C.Risner Cutlery and Traditionalpocketnives.com Owned by: Austin Jackson. Clarence Risner was the founder of C. Risner Cutlery in 1974. Austin Jackson, is Clarence's grandson and is now the owner.
Many of the members here on aapk know of Clarence Risner and his great contributions he made to the cutlery world. Sadly, we lost Clarence in 2016.
I purchased most of my "Fight'n Rooster" knives from Clarence in the early and mid-1980s via landline and So. Ca. Blade Expo in Pasadena Ca. This was prior to the internet.

Dan
Nice knives Dan! ::tu:: I recently discovered Finch knives myself, and immediately put the Doc Holiday and Cimarron on my "Wishlist". Chinese or not, they appear to be solid, well made knives. ::nod:: Looking forward to reading your impressions of all the models you're getting. 8)
8)
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:45 pm
Old Folder wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:46 am I do not know how I missed "Finch" knives for the past few months.

Finch Holliday.jpg

Doc Holliday:

Doc Holliday.jpgIMG_0006 (8).JPGIMG_0007 (3).JPGIMG_0002 (8).JPGIMG_0003 (6).JPGIMG_0008 (3).JPGIMG_0001 (10).JPG

Dan
Nice knives Dan! ::tu:: I recently discovered Finch knives myself, and immediately put the Doc Holiday and Cimarron on my "Wishlist". Chinese or not, they appear to be solid, well made knives. ::nod:: Looking forward to reading your impressions of all the models you're getting. 8)

Thanks Marc. ::nod::
Finch being new in 2020 they currently have five knives available now, with plans of three more later this year.
I just received the final three of five. I will get some pictures taken and post.
Finch knives are exceptional.

Dan
Dan
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

I received the below information via email earlier today from Austin at: C. Risner Cutlery LLC. at traditionalpocketknives.com referring to the new Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood handles Finch Runtly.
To arrive in a few days.
Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood.
The Finch Runtly first came out in 2020, now, the Runtly has new beautiful Mkuruti Wood handles.
I have the Finch Runtly - Yellow Belly, however, I will be adding the Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood to my growing Finch collection.
The Finch Knife Company adds another amazing Runtly to their production. Mkuruti Wood is one of the most valuable and expensive tree species in the world!
Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood - Arriving in a few days!
Blades: 1.
Closed Length: 3.25".
Open Length: 5.50".
Width: .115".
Handle Material: Mkuruti Wood.
Handle Length: 2.50".
Handle Height: .75"
Blade Styles: Sheepsfoot.
Blade Material: 154CM.
Blade Thickness: .0625".
Blade Lengths: 2.25".
Blade Height: 1.00"
Blade Finish: Stonewash and Satin.
Pulls: Regular Thumbnail/Pinch Grip.
Lock Type: Liner Lock.
Pocket Clip: Titanium.
Weight: 3.15 oz.
Shield Material: Sapphire Crystal.

Located in Tanzania. Mkuruti, one of the most valuable and expensive tree species in the country. Mkuruti is used for construction purposes and is on the verge of disappearing in Rufiji district. Africa coastal region due to illegal logging and timber harvesting.

Below is the new "Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood Handles."
Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood (2).jpg
Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood 2.jpg

And shown below is my current Finch Runtly - Yellow Belly.
IMG_0001 (15).JPG
IMG_0005 (11).JPG
IMG_0006 (11).JPG
Dan
Dan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Old Folder wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:40 am I received the below information via email earlier today from Austin at: C. Risner Cutlery LLC. at traditionalpocketknives.com referring to the new Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood handles Finch Runtly.
To arrive in a few days.
Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood.
The Finch Runtly first came out in 2020, now, the Runtly has new beautiful Mkuruti Wood handles.
I have the Finch Runtly - Yellow Belly, however, I will be adding the Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood to my growing Finch collection.
The Finch Knife Company adds another amazing Runtly to their production. Mkuruti Wood is one of the most valuable and expensive tree species in the world!
Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood - Arriving in a few days!
Blades: 1.
Closed Length: 3.25".
Open Length: 5.50".
Width: .115".
Handle Material: Mkuruti Wood.
Handle Length: 2.50".
Handle Height: .75"
Blade Styles: Sheepsfoot.
Blade Material: 154CM.
Blade Thickness: .0625".
Blade Lengths: 2.25".
Blade Height: 1.00"
Blade Finish: Stonewash and Satin.
Pulls: Regular Thumbnail/Pinch Grip.
Lock Type: Liner Lock.
Pocket Clip: Titanium.
Weight: 3.15 oz.
Shield Material: Sapphire Crystal.

Located in Tanzania. Mkuruti, one of the most valuable and expensive tree species in the country. Mkuruti is used for construction purposes and is on the verge of disappearing in Rufiji district. Africa coastal region due to illegal logging and timber harvesting.

Below is the new "Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood Handles."

Finch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood (2).jpgFinch Antique Runtly Mkuruti Wood 2.jpg

And shown below is my current Finch Runtly - Yellow Belly.

IMG_0001 (15).JPGIMG_0005 (11).JPGIMG_0006 (11).JPG

Dan
Just a beautiful knife Dan! ::tu:: I really like your Yellow belly, but the model with the Mkuruti wood covers is sensational! ::nod:: Even the shields are quality and spectacular! Congrats on owning those, or soon to own! 8)
8)
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Thanks Marco.
Yes, it appears as if the new Finch Runtly will also have the "Glow In The Dark" Sapphire Crystal shield.
My Yellow Belly Runtly was $139.00, the new Runtly Mkuruti Wood is on the same pattern but may cost more due to the Mkuruti Wood?
I"ll post the price as soon as I find out.

Dan
Dan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Old Folder wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:42 am Thanks Marco.
Yes, it appears as if the new Finch Runtly will also have the "Glow In The Dark" Sapphire Crystal shield.
My Yellow Belly Runtly was $139.00, the new Runtly Mkuruti Wood is on the same pattern but may cost more due to the Mkuruti Wood?
I"ll post the price as soon as I find out.

Dan
Sounds good Dan! ::tu:: And pictures please when your Mkuruti wood model arrives! 8)
8)
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Just ordered the Finch Holliday Snakewood knife. I couldn't resist that Wharncliffe blade and the Snakewood looks amazing. Don't know why I waited so long on this one. Now I wait...for its arrival.

BTW: The Runtly with the Mkuruti wood runs $139.00.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
zippo123

Post by zippo123 »

Got the Finch Cocobolo wood today and the Holliday in snakewood is coming in mail soon.

For all the China knife haters, see it before you trash it. You may change your tune.

If you see the Val Kilmer life documentary on Netfix or Amazon Prime is quite sad.
He is in horrible health, throat cancer and does not look well at all. Hardly recognizable to Doc Holliday in Tombstone.
zippo123

Post by zippo123 »

Got the Finch Cocobolo wood today and the Holliday in snakewood is coming in mail soon.

For all the China knife haters, see it before you trash it. You may change your tune.

If you see the Val Kilmer life documentary on Netfix or Amazon Prime is quite sad.
He is in horrible health, throat cancer and does not look well at all. Hardly recognizable to Doc Holliday in Tombstone.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Got a Yellow Belly Runtly in the mail today. Cool little utility knife.
Attachments
IMG_6081.JPG
IMG_6082.JPG
IMG_6083.JPG
IMG_6085.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Below is my current 5 knife collection of current 5 Finch Knives. Of course, the "Doc Holiday" is my favorite and deserves to be on the pedestal.

Finch 1 (2).jpg

Finch has 5 new knives coming out very soon.
(1) "Devils Finger"
(2) "Cherry Bomb"
(3) "Harvester"
(4) "Drifter"
(5) "Lucky 13"

All can be observed within Finches Website:
https://finchknifeco.com/pages/modern-t ... ket-knives

The "Lucky 13" (Below) will become available in late 2021. It's a Mini Sway Back.
https://finchknifeco.com/pages/lucky13
Finch Lucky 13.jpg

Dan
Dan
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

I just started buying these . They ARE really nicely made . I have three and I like everyone. They seem to have very good QC as each of mine seem flawless.
FF35207F-BFAF-4161-AFCF-F4A38D1678E1.jpeg
B28A5416-CCF7-4844-A0F5-A08D5118B8A5.jpeg
52E9718D-45B7-4D8C-A229-BBF55EEE3644.jpeg

Just got the Cherry Bomb yesterday. I got the black resin , but I might have to get the Red Bone also ::nod::
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Rdubya21 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:55 am I just started buying these . They ARE really nicely made . I have three and I like everyone. They seem to have very good QC as each of mine seem flawless.

FF35207F-BFAF-4161-AFCF-F4A38D1678E1.jpeg

B28A5416-CCF7-4844-A0F5-A08D5118B8A5.jpeg

52E9718D-45B7-4D8C-A229-BBF55EEE3644.jpeg

Just got the Cherry Bomb yesterday. I got the black resin , but I might have to get the Red Bone also ::nod::
I'm in the same boat Rdubya, can't make my mind up on the handle. Black resin,or Red Bone. ::shrug::

Dan
Dan
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

My knife before this was a red bone . One of the reasons I went with the black resin , but the red bone for this looks really good too ! ::hmm::
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

Wow they got some nice looking stuff coming up too ::tu::
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

CBC06EA8-1A3F-4370-922F-8689AF1B5719.jpeg
Today I added to my Finch collection .
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

4BC00996-DB1B-4983-AE79-6D5D29C4A084.jpeg
Just released Finch Drifter . Really like clip points .

Return to “Chinese-made knives”