China Queens.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: China Queens.

Post by zed6309 »

QTCut5 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:34 am
zed6309 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:23 am I wish the Abalone was pinned as I would get one as I prefer pinned than glued
I've read a number of comments re pinned vs glued (shields & covers) and never did understand what the big deal was (most collectors seem to prefer pinned for some reason). As long as the glue holds as it's supposed to, what's the difference? ::shrug::
Personally I think it looks better, but each to there own ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Lansky1

Re: China Queens.

Post by Lansky1 »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:25 am I actually bought two of the China Queen Amber Sawcut Bone Wharncliffes and they are very fine knives...especially for the price (<$20 each).

However, I do not consider them to be genuine Queen knives (of which I have many), but more like a cheaper version of "real" Queen knives. I wish this China made line had been designated "Queen II" to distinguish them from the original Queen made knives.

But, that said, they are well-made knives, no doubt about that. Much as I hate to admit it, they are possibly even better than some of the "genuine" DFC era Queen knives. ::uc:: ::hmm:: ::undecided::
I sure do like my wharncliffe ::woot:: - amazing quality / fit and finish for < $15. Makes you wonder what they're paying the poor guy that assembles them if they can sell them so cheap...
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John

Return to “Chinese-made knives”