CRKT Kommer 2 Fulcrum-Release Linerlock!

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

CRKT Kommer 2 Fulcrum-Release Linerlock!

Post by Madmarco »

Hey guys! I got this knife recently and wanted to show it to you, although, I wasn't sure if this was the correct thread to post it in. The knife was built in the US using Chinese steel, so your guess is as good as mine as to how to describe it's origins. It's a CRKT Kommer Compact 2 Fulcrum-Release linerlock, and is 6 1/2" oal/black-coated SS drop-point blade, cross-cut texturing SS bolsters, blue and white translucent ABS covers, screw construction, and a pocket-clip. Weighs-in at a light 2.5 oz.'s, but came to me incredibly sharp. It shows CRKT markings and patent number. To open the knife you need to push forward on the front cover to release the blade about 25% from the channel, and from there you pull back on the same cover thus swinging the blade up and into the locked position. To close you simply press on the single-liner until the blade is free and then fold closed.(See pics!)This is the 2nd CRKT folder I have that has an unusual open/close system, although, my other model has a bit different process, and I just think they're really cool. Keep em' comin' CRKT! 8)
WIN_20210709_13_36_48_Pro.jpg
In the closed position.
WIN_20210709_13_37_35_Pro.jpg
Slightly opened by pushing on the front cover.
WIN_20210709_13_38_45_Pro.jpg
Swung open to the locked position.
WIN_20210709_13_40_05_Pro.jpg
The liner depressed to unlock the blade.
WIN_20210709_13_40_27_Pro.jpg
Back into it's closed state. How neat is that!
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: CRKT Kommer 2 Fulcrum-Release Linerlock!

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I get it now Mark how that deployment works. I had it in my head that you had to push on the bolster, but you said the whole side moves forward and then back to complete the deployment, thus the fulcrum name. Makes sense. It also makes me eager to get one.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:23 pm I get it now Mark how that deployment works. I had it in my head that you had to push on the bolster, but you said the whole side moves forward and then back to complete the deployment, thus the fulcrum name. Makes sense. It also makes me eager to get one.
Don't be too eager to get one of these Mark, the deployment is difficult, and although I haven't tried Quick Release oil on it yet I seriously doubt it will help. It's more of a design flaw than anything else, because it's so hard to initially release the blade from it's locking pin. Once that's accomplished though it slides open and locked with ease. If you can find one cheap then I'd suggest getting it just for it's unusual value, but's definitely NOT one you can hold onto and 1-hand open/close all day long. 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:52 pm
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:23 pm I get it now Mark how that deployment works. I had it in my head that you had to push on the bolster, but you said the whole side moves forward and then back to complete the deployment, thus the fulcrum name. Makes sense. It also makes me eager to get one.
Don't be too eager to get one of these Mark, the deployment is difficult, and although I haven't tried Quick Release oil on it yet I seriously doubt it will help. It's more of a design flaw than anything else, because it's so hard to initially release the blade from it's locking pin. Once that's accomplished though it slides open and locked with ease. If you can find one cheap then I'd suggest getting it just for it's unusual value, but's definitely NOT one you can hold onto and 1-hand open/close all day long. 8)
Glad you explained that it is hard to push open in this post and the other one. I don’t keep a knife long if I have trouble getting it to open. A knife should be a pleasure to have and use and when it’s difficult to open or close, that takes a lot of the joy out of it.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:35 pm
Madmarco wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:52 pm
Glad you explained that it is hard to push open in this post and the other one. I don’t keep a knife long if I have trouble getting it to open. A knife should be a pleasure to have and use and when it’s difficult to open or close, that takes a lot of the joy out of it.
Totally agree buddy, a knife is no fun if it gives you difficulties. That one won't be seeing too much handling time, at least it fills a spot in my display, and the total damage was only CDN$24. ::shrug:: 8)
8)

Return to “Chinese-made knives”