Rough Ryder Halloween Surprise.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Rough Ryder Halloween Surprise.

Post by Old Folder »

For those of you that have purchased the new Rough Ryder "Copper Swirl Series" or the Rough Ryder "Celestial Series" I have some good news that I just discovered and would like to share with my friends here on AAPK.

They are all "Glow-In-The-Dark." I have one "Celestial Razor Barlow" and three "Copper Swirls" pictured below, prior to light activation and after lit up.

A rather neat "Halloween Treat." I think I'll buy more of the series now before the news spreads while they are still in stock.

What are your opinions?

Glow 3.jpg
Glow 2.jpg
Glow 1.jpg

I know, they're "Chinese" ::paranoid::
A Little dose of Radium-226 will dissipate in 1600 years and decays into radon gas.

Simpsons.png

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rough Ryder Halloween Surprise.

Post by Madmarco »

I like em' Dan, a lot! 8)
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

👍😎👍
John 🚜
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Dan, did you use blacklight for your pictures?

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:09 pm Dan, did you use blacklight for your pictures?

John
No John, I used a common flashlight.
However, you stirred up my curiosity when you mentioned "blacklight" so I took the below picture with my tiny 3 1.5v aaa UV LED flashlight.
I also used a different background and reversed the handle sides. WOW, what a difference. :o

UV 1.jpg
It took forever to get light retention from the common flashlight, but the UV Blacklight responded immediately and retained the glowing affects longer.
Thanks for the info.

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Old Folder wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:52 pm
1967redrider wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:09 pm Dan, did you use blacklight for your pictures?

John
No John, I used a common flashlight.
However, you stirred up my curiosity when you mentioned "blacklight" so I took the below picture with my tiny 3 1.5v aaa UV LED flashlight.
I also used a different background and reversed the handle sides. WOW, what a difference. :o

UV 1.jpg
It took forever to get light retention from the common flashlight, but the UV Blacklight responded immediately and retained the glowing affects longer.
Thanks for the info.

Dan

That is cool, Dan! ::tu:: 😎
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

👍😘👍
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
charlesf20

Post by charlesf20 »

Very nice, I like it. Excellent find.
charlesf20

Post by charlesf20 »

Received mine just in time.
Attachments
thumbnail (21).jpg
thumbnail (21).jpg (22.32 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
thumbnail (25).jpg
thumbnail (25).jpg (23.09 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

charlesf20 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:29 pm Received mine just in time.
Very nice Charles! ::tu:: I really like the copper(?)bolsters and dark covers! 8)
8)
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

I bought the Copper Swirl Series and Celestial Series Large Stockmans. In normal daylight both are good looking but the Copper Swirl Series strikes me as being better looking. That's at least partially because its copper bolsters are novel. If copper bolsters had been an option every time I bought a Case knife I'm not sure how often I would have chosen copper.

I like them but their names, Large Stockman, are only correct if they're capitalized. With all other side covers the Celestial Large Stockman is named Jumbo Trapper. It's 4 7/8" closed. Case's x375 and Camillus made Large Stockmans with various brands on them are 4 1/4" closed as are most RR Large Stockmans. Admittedly, if a manufacturer of 3 cylinder tiny commuter cars wants to name next year's model Cement Truck it's their model so Cement Truck would not be wrong as long as it's capitalized.

I like RR Jumbo Stockmans so I instantly recognized their distinctive shape and the description gave the correct length. I received what I expected. Unfortunately, SMKW advertised the Copper Swirl Series Large Stockman in print and on their website as being 4 3/8" closed but it is actually only 3 3/4". While that might make it more useful to more members here I chose it for its advertised size. However, it was put together well and looks good so I'll keep it. I'm more forgiving when the price is only $15.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”