RRR knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Alien883

Re: RRR knives

Post by Alien883 »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:45 am I totally agree, Oscar.
As-a-matter-of-fact, when another member first posted the new RRR series before they even dropped, I was the only one who liked the "Panthera", everyone else thought the shape was too weird for holding in-hand, but my assessment of them hasn't changed, I still think they're really cool knives.
I'm a big fan of "unusual", so I don't see a thing wrong with it's shape or functionality.
Now, to come up with the 52 bones they want for one will be the real challenge!
8)
I do have this model, called Panthera...it caught my eye right away because I like French style and Navajas style knives...this one reminded me strongly of these...when it arrived I had an instant favorite on my hand...handles well, feels real good holding and cutting...a KEEPER!! Check out the newest RRR two colored Micarta handled ( black and red) kind of Laguiole style blade and shape...I waited a good few weeks for that one....when it arrived, Ohhh yeahhh!! Loving it!! Sabacc #25 !!
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Alien883 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:30 am
Madmarco wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:45 am I totally agree, Oscar.
As-a-matter-of-fact, when another member first posted the new RRR series before they even dropped, I was the only one who liked the "Panthera", everyone else thought the shape was too weird for holding in-hand, but my assessment of them hasn't changed, I still think they're really cool knives.
I'm a big fan of "unusual", so I don't see a thing wrong with it's shape or functionality.
Now, to come up with the 52 bones they want for one will be the real challenge!
8)
I do have this model, called Panthera...it caught my eye right away because I like French style and Navajas style knives...this one reminded me strongly of these...when it arrived I had an instant favorite on my hand...handles well, feels real good holding and cutting...a KEEPER!! Check out the newest RRR two colored Micarta handled ( black and red) kind of Laguiole style blade and shape...I waited a good few weeks for that one....when it arrived, Ohhh yeahhh!! Loving it!! Sabacc #25 !!
Alien,
It does look like a Spanish navaja.
It would be even cooler if it opened with a ratchet like some of the larger navajas. I’ve pretty much quit buying knives but for this one, I may have to make an exception.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

They are certainly good looking knives! Thanks for the pic and the info, Oscar. SMKW is actually about 6 hours for me, but I have a brother and his wife who live in Sevierville, so we go to visit them occasionally. And, of course, we always make time for SMKW!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I hadn't browse the RRR or RR series in awhile Alien, so I just did at SMKW and saw the "Sabacc 25", and I see why your excited about that one, how cool is that knife!
It instantly reminded me of Spanish knives, like you said. Somewhere in between a hunter/trapper/toothpick.
I also saw their "Swish 19" and I'm totally impressed with the floating swinguards on that baby, and that's coming from a guy who always removes the guards on any new knife he buys.
Had I had the bucks, I'd have left at least $200. lighter than when I went in, they are producing some very cool knives!
8)
8)
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:01 am I hadn't browse the RRR or RR series in awhile Alien, so I just did at SMKW and saw the "Sabacc 25", and I see why your excited about that one, how cool is that knife!
It instantly reminded me of Spanish knives, like you said. Somewhere in between a hunter/trapper/toothpick.
I also saw their "Swish 19" and I'm totally impressed with the floating swinguards on that baby, and that's coming from a guy who always removes the guards on any new knife he buys.
Had I had the bucks, I'd have left at least $200. lighter than when I went in, they are producing some very cool knives!
8)
I’ve made a new year resolution to buy no more knives. So far, I just ordered one, which should be here Monday. Good looking knife I never heard of. I posted the question is it decent quality. Several people wrote back that it was. $34 and from a company that don’t charge tax unless you are in Virginia. They offer free shipping with no minimum to purchase. $34 total for a D2 steel knife I couldn’t pass up. I’ll check that site for the RRR Sabacc. I may get it if the price is good and no additional costs. Right now we have a recession and things like food and utility bills take priority over knives. But that Sabacc looks great.
Edit: I checked the site and they haven’t got the Sabacc. They do have the Pantera (which I already have) for $47 no tax and free shipping.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Would you please supply a link to the store in Virginia you were shopping at Oscar, cuz their "Panthera" for $47. right off the bat is $12. less than SMKW, and that's without checking for tax and shipping.
Although, you might be divulging a secret knife store you might want to keep to yourself? lol!
8)
8)
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:02 am Would you please supply a link to the store in Virginia you were shopping at Oscar, cuz their "Panthera" for $47. right off the bat is $12. less than SMKW, and that's without checking for tax and shipping.
Although, you might be divulging a secret knife store you might want to keep to yourself? lol!
8)
Hey Madmarco. No secret. I found it while searching. Ordered first time from them last Thursday. Tracking says I should get it Monday ! It’s a CBRJ with D2 blade and natural G10 aka jade covers. $34 no tax and no shipping.
Some of their knives are equally priced. Others are cheaper than anywhere else.
Here’s the link:
https://atlanticknife.com/search?type=product&q=Rrr
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Oscar!
Atlantic Knife is big on ebay, but they won't ship to Canada, so I checked your link to their direct store and couldn't find any shipping info other than no autos to certain states, nothing else.
You sure are right about the price swings, SMKW has their "Swish" listed for $74.99 and Atlantic has it for $82., but on the other hand Atlantic has their "Panthera" for $46. and SMKW has theirs at $59.99, so in the long run shopping at Atlantic might be the way to go.
8)
8)
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:41 am Thanks Oscar!
Atlantic Knife is big on ebay, but they won't ship to Canada, so I checked your link to their direct store and couldn't find any shipping info other than no autos to certain states, nothing else.
You sure are right about the price swings, SMKW has their "Swish" listed for $74.99 and Atlantic has it for $82., but on the other hand Atlantic has their "Panthera" for $46. and SMKW has theirs at $59.99, so in the long run shopping at Atlantic might be the way to go.
Madmarco, you can call them on Monday to ask if they ship to Canada. They may not ship internationally for free but even paying for shipping it will come out cheaper. If SMKW ships internationally, they definitely will charge shipping and sales tax. Worth a try anyway. Atlantic’s “price swings” aren’t limited to RRR, but it’s true for all brands that they sell. Some are higher than others while others are way lower. I don’t know why that is but if I buy any more knives in the future I’ll be sure to check prices here before I buy. The one I ordered from Atlantic was $12 less than elsewhere, no tax & free shipping. Big difference.
Atlantic doesn’t have the Sabacc. I’d love to find that one cheaper.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:41 am Atlantic Knife is big on ebay, but they won't ship to Canada...
I have to wonder how difficult it would be for an American who lives in close proximity to Canada to cross the border with boxes of knives to forward to his friends in Canada? Would that be okay after they verify that I'm not trying to sneak in any contraband, or would I be branded as a miscreant? That's speaking hypothetically; traffic on the Ambassador Bridge can be a colossal pain.

I had to check SMKW's site for the Sabacc. It's a pretty cool-looking knife!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Dan In MI wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:38 pm
Madmarco wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:41 am Atlantic Knife is big on ebay, but they won't ship to Canada...
I have to wonder how difficult it would be for an American who lives in close proximity to Canada to cross the border with boxes of knives to forward to his friends in Canada? Would that be okay after they verify that I'm not trying to sneak in any contraband, or would I be branded as a miscreant? That's speaking hypothetically; traffic on the Ambassador Bridge can be a colossal pain.

Dan, as long as the knife in question isn’t illegal in Canada, I’d think it would be fine. I’d put it in the trunk just to avoid any potential problems. They couldn’t claim you had easy access to it. Funny how our idiots in government opened the southern border while watching the US Canada border like hawks. You could always call the customs office and ask if it’s ok to transport a non-automatic pocket knife across the border.
I found another seller of Sabacc at the same price as SMKW. Don’t know where they are located or if they ship to Canada. May be worth looking into. I’ve never bought anything from them so I don’t know how good they are to deal with.
https://www.hand-tools.com/product-deta ... BRK-RRR025
Attachments
7AF4B18D-64A6-45A2-9332-4FAC187F64BC.jpeg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I believe (not positive) that Kootenay Joe had a P.O.Box on the US side of the border that he used for knife shipments to & from the U.S.. Don't take that as gospel but that keeps nagging at my brain cage. Can anyone verify that.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

Ohh yeahhh, that's the one I have been waiting for!! Super nice fit and finish...hair splitting sharp and super nice handle design!! Kind of reminds you of a Laguiole knife or even a Spanish style knife!....I really like that one!!
Attachments
20230308_140910.jpg
20230308_140917.jpg
20230308_141012.jpg
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:01 pm I believe (not positive) that Kootenay Joe had a P.O.Box on the US side of the border that he used for knife shipments to & from the U.S.. Don't take that as gospel but that keeps nagging at my brain cage. Can anyone verify that.
That is true; I shipped several knives to him at his PO Box in the US. Sometimes it took him a few weeks to retrieve them, but other than that we never had any problems connecting.
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Alien883 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:03 pm Ohh yeahhh, that's the one I have been waiting for!! Super nice fit and finish...hair splitting sharp and super nice handle design!! Kind of reminds you of a Laguiole knife or even a Spanish style knife!....I really like that one!!
Was thinking about getting this one. Went to SMKW website and lo and behold the site had locked me out (not the first time). I was on my iPhone which puts in login and password with biometrics (fingerprint) so it’s correct.
I emailed SMKW and asked them to reset everything after wasting 40 minutes trying to get on. Seldom happens but has never happened on any other website. After wasting my time and raising my blood pressure, I’m seriously thinking of using another vendor. They need to find a coder that can do a better job creating their website. It shouldn’t be a problem to spend your time and money for something you want but can live without !
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

OSCAR wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:47 am
Madmarco wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:41 am Thanks Oscar!
Madmarco, you can call them on Monday to ask if they ship to Canada. They may not ship internationally for free but even paying for shipping it will come out cheaper. If SMKW ships internationally, they definitely will charge shipping and sales tax. Worth a try anyway. Atlantic’s “price swings” aren’t limited to RRR, but it’s true for all brands that they sell. Some are higher than others while others are way lower. I don’t know why that is but if I buy any more knives in the future I’ll be sure to check prices here before I buy. The one I ordered from Atlantic was $12 less than elsewhere, no tax & free shipping. Big difference.
Atlantic doesn’t have the Sabacc. I’d love to find that one cheaper.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
I'll give that a try, Oscar, phoning them didn't cross my mind, thx!
SMKW does NOT ship outside the US, so no help there.
I'm certain shopping at Atlantic will be less money in the long run.
I'll check it out!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I don't know this for sure, Dan, but I would think the importer would run into duty + tax problems eventually at the border.
Maybe 1 or 2 trips would slide through, but ultimately they will recognize what's-up and either seize the products, or charge d + t, I think.
There's multiple tons of stuff like fentanyl that are getting in every day and killing our citizens, but Customs feels it's more important to collect $0.12 cents d + t than to focus it's efforts on the bad stuff. ::facepalm::
They choose to legalize weed, but still waste time and resources ensuring that knives that open with 1 hand are kept out of the country, go figure. ::facepalm::
Personally, I've given-up trying to understand their reasoning!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

OSCAR wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:00 pm

Dan, as long as the knife in question isn’t illegal in Canada, I’d think it would be fine. I’d put it in the trunk just to avoid any potential problems. They couldn’t claim you had easy access to it. Funny how our idiots in government opened the southern border while watching the US Canada border like hawks. You could always call the customs office and ask if it’s ok to transport a non-automatic pocket knife across the border.
I found another seller of Sabacc at the same price as SMKW. Don’t know where they are located or if they ship to Canada. May be worth looking into. I’ve never bought anything from them so I don’t know how good they are to deal with.
https://www.hand-tools.com/product-deta ... BRK-RRR025
Dan was proposing that someone take multiple knives across each time in order to satisfy customer orders from Canada, but it really doesn't matter how many, it boils down to if you're inspected and do you have any illegal knives which they would simply seize, whether it be 1 or many.
I'd heard of handtools.com but had never visited their site, and when I did just now I see they list plenty of knives, how reputable they are will be determined after a Google scam search. After much searching, I finally found their shipping info at the very bottom of their homepage, and they will ship to me up here, so if they turn out O.K. that will definitely be a new source for me.
JFYI, the ONLY knives legal in Canada are true slip-joints and fixed blades, EVERYTHING else is prohibited and will be seized and destroyed if inspected, all the while deadly drugs and firearms are freely entering from Mexico and other ports of entry, but they sure will have a nice bunch of deadly knives to prove they're doing they're job, until they're destroyed at least. ::facepalm::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:01 pm I believe (not positive) that Kootenay Joe had a P.O.Box on the US side of the border that he used for knife shipments to & from the U.S.. Don't take that as gospel but that keeps nagging at my brain cage. Can anyone verify that.
Yes, this is correct, Jerry.
But Dan was suggesting that someone take multiple knives across in the trunk to be distributed to the customers, whereas Roland went to his mailbox to retrieve his and would deal with Customs on his way home, where he could explain his cargo in person and where it's coming from, where Dan's method would likely be looked upon as smuggling unless declared and processed for d + t.
In short, it's complicated, but thanks for the suggestion all the same!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Alien883 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:03 pm Ohh yeahhh, that's the one I have been waiting for!! Super nice fit and finish...hair splitting sharp and super nice handle design!! Kind of reminds you of a Laguiole knife or even a Spanish style knife!....I really like that one!!
Yep, that's the one alright!
Beautiful knife.
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:09 pm
That is true; I shipped several knives to him at his PO Box in the US. Sometimes it took him a few weeks to retrieve them, but other than that we never had any problems connecting.
Thanks for confirming this, ~Q~!
8)
8)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:02 pm JFYI, the ONLY knives legal in Canada are true slip-joints and fixed blades, EVERYTHING else is prohibited and will be seized and destroyed if inspected...
I knew automatics and push daggers are illegal up there...but even locking folders are a no-go?

I guess my plan wouldn't be as good as I thought. Maybe if I ever get into the knife sales business, I'll explore it a little more thoroughly.

And the Schrades I purchased from Roland were shipped from Canada.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:52 am
Madmarco wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:02 pm JFYI, the ONLY knives legal in Canada are true slip-joints and fixed blades, EVERYTHING else is prohibited and will be seized and destroyed if inspected...
I knew automatics and push daggers are illegal up there...but even locking folders are a no-go?
——————————————————-
I want to apologize for the FOLLOWING RANT in advance but I feel it necessary. It’s NOT political but rather more of an observation
that people with brains and capable of independent thought already are aware of.
We have many idiotic restrictions here as well. Many of which are a knee-jerk reaction to illogical beliefs by people (sheep) with no brains. They would rather blame inanimate objects rather than address the actual problem.
Both knives and firearms of all kinds are simply tools. Nothing more. They are NOT inherently evil.
I’m surprised these morons haven’t banned telephones for obscene or harassing phone calls ! Just like the brain dead people who want strict gun control (cities that have them are proof positive that it doesn’t work). Where there is gun control there is the highest volume of shootings and murder.
If someone is the victim of a stabbing, do you think that they care how the knife opens ? The sheep that agree with restrictive knife laws argue “rapid deployment”. They are too brain dead to realize a steak knife opens faster than an automatic. Probably banned lock-back knives after some poor deprived lowlife criminals cut themselves while stabbing a victim.
Government has a different view on firearms control than the liberal morons. They’re fully aware that it doesn’t work anywhere it’s in effect. Their ulterior motives are different. They could care less about stopping criminals. Their goal is to abolish our Constitution and deprive us of our freedoms and rights. They release these “poor, underprivileged psychopaths” early even though they may be murderers and rapists.
They want to control every aspect of everyone’s life. They are paranoid of their own citizens. How sick is that ? In some states there are strict restrictions and regulations to collect rainwater ! What possible reason do they have for this?
I’ll get off the soapbox now and leave you with the following…….
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I guess my plan wouldn't be as good as I thought. Maybe if I ever get into the knife sales business, I'll explore it a little more thoroughly.

And the Schrades I purchased from Roland were shipped from Canada.
No, sadly they've declared war on all knives up here, Dan.
Regarding lockbacks, if it has a stud that can start the blade out from the channel and then you "flick" the blade open the rest of the way, they're classifying as prohibited "gravity" knives and seized.
The bottom line is, if the knife can be opened with 1-hand BY DESIGN it's prohibited. Individual skill at accomplishing this is NOT a factor, as some Customs agents are inept and couldn't open a can of soda properly, BUT, if the knife was DESIGNED to be opened 1-handed it's prohibited, regardless of an agents ability to complete the task.
Autos, push-daggers, any spring assisted folder, concealed knives like combs and pens, bear spray, mace, nunchucks, throwing stars, and on and on and on....are all prohibited items up here in the Great White North.
If your knife has no flipper-tab, thumb-stud, spring assist but has a nail-nick you're good to go, it can also be as BIG as one pleases.
Just another weak attempt by the government to deflect away from what's really wrong and focus on some obscure item to attack in order to draw attention away from the true problems up here.
So, I'm afraid your idea would be fraught with difficulties that would prove very costly and time consuming, but I for one sure appreciate the idea all the same.
As far as previous purchases from Roland, if the knives he sent you were prohibited but already in his possession, even the government isn't stupid enough to think they can monitor knives that were already in the country for sale when their campaign against knives began. This is actually our biggest complaint with this issue, the fact that many of these so-called deadly weapons were and still are available to us to buy, yet we can't import any more. Hypocrisy at it's finest!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

OSCAR wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:06 pm
——————————————————-
I want to apologize for the FOLLOWING RANT in advance but I feel it necessary. It’s NOT political but rather more of an observation
that people with brains and capable of independent thought already are aware of.
We have many idiotic restrictions here as well. Many of which are a knee-jerk reaction to illogical beliefs by people (sheep) with no brains. They would rather blame inanimate objects rather than address the actual problem.
Both knives and firearms of all kinds are simply tools. Nothing more. They are NOT inherently evil.
I’m surprised these morons haven’t banned telephones for obscene or harassing phone calls ! Just like the brain dead people who want strict gun control (cities that have them are proof positive that it doesn’t work). Where there is gun control there is the highest volume of shootings and murder.
If someone is the victim of a stabbing, do you think that they care how the knife opens ? The sheep that agree with restrictive knife laws argue “rapid deployment”. They are too brain dead to realize a steak knife opens faster than an automatic. Probably banned lock-back knives after some poor deprived lowlife criminals cut themselves while stabbing a victim.
Government has a different view on firearms control than the liberal morons. They’re fully aware that it doesn’t work anywhere it’s in effect. Their ulterior motives are different. They could care less about stopping criminals. Their goal is to abolish our Constitution and deprive us of our freedoms and rights. They release these “poor, underprivileged psychopaths” early even though they may be murderers and rapists.
They want to control every aspect of everyone’s life. They are paranoid of their own citizens. How sick is that ? In some states there are strict restrictions and regulations to collect rainwater ! What possible reason do they have for this?
I’ll get off the soapbox now and leave you with the following…….

Good rant, Oscar!
I can't add much to it other than, the reasoning in Canada for prohibiting 1-hand opening knives is, if a LEO was arresting an individual, that individual could deploy the blade of a knife 1-handed with the hand yet to be handcuffed, and cause damage to the LEO. If that same person happened to have a screwdriver hidden up his sleeve, he could cause the same or worse damage by allowing the screwdriver to slide down to his free hand and stab the LEO with it.
Tools fools, not weapons!!!
8)
8)

Return to “Chinese-made knives”