$300 Chinese knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: $300 Chinese knife

Post by Railsplitter »

Madmarco wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:15 am I just saw 3 used for sale at Arizona Custom Knives and they came with a full retail price US$275., but no comments from buyers on that site! ::shrug:: 8)
Hmmm... ::hmm::
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I followed the "Laid Back Jack" drop at C. Risners and the carbon fiber handle model sold out in minutes. As of this post, there were still a few of the micarta models available. Apparently, Austin only got a total of four (4) of each handle material.

One possible reason for the high price tag on these may be the titanium bolsters, liners & hardware. Even so...$275 still seems a bit high IMHO.
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I am not advocating or promoting anything. Just thought some of you may be interested to know that the latest drop of these is virtually sold out. I know they don't have big releases and they are not for everyone, but some like them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I really like the Jack Wolf knives, and even with it's fairly high price I can hardly wait til they drop their "Vampire" jack! 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:20 pm I really like the Jack Wolf knives, and even with it's fairly high price I can hardly wait til they drop their "Vampire" jack! 8)
What's the Vampire Jack ??? Any pics. ??? :)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I don't know how to transfer their pictures to my post cudgee, but if you click-on this totally safe link, the 1st page that comes up shows all their knives with the names. It's, www.jackwolfknives.com . They have some other very cool knives too, but the "Vampire" jack really grabbed me. Hope this helps bud! 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:36 am I don't know how to transfer their pictures to my post cudgee, but if you click-on this totally safe link, the 1st page that comes up shows all their knives with the names. It's, www.jackwolfknives.com . They have some other very cool knives too, but the "Vampire" jack really grabbed me. Hope this helps bud! 8)
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Here they are. ::tu::
Attachments
VampireJackODGOpen_750x.jpg
VampireJackNATOpen_750x.jpg
VampireJackBLKOpen_750x.jpg
Tim
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks for posting their pictures Tim! ::handshake:: I really like the black canvas micarta! 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:16 pm Thanks for posting their pictures Tim! ::handshake:: I really like the black canvas micarta! 8)
You'll have to have your running shoes on to grab one. ::mdm:: ::mdm:: ::mdm:: :)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I was thinking the same thing cudgee, but since I'm low on funds I will likely need to wait until the initial buying frenzy passes, and perhaps by that time the price may drop somewhat too. 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:24 pm I was thinking the same thing cudgee, but since I'm low on funds I will likely need to wait until the initial buying frenzy passes, and perhaps by that time the price may drop somewhat too. 8)
I would not be counting on that happening my friend. :)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yah, I'm not counting on it bud, more like wishful thinking. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

The "Vampire" jacks dropped today at a number of locations and there are still some available! Personally, I have to wait, but anyone who can afford one now should probably buy it, I doubt they'll be around for long! Similar prices at all locations. To see all the locations that sell Jack Wolf knives go to www.jackwolfknives.com ,(safe link!)and see the list! Their "Low Drag" jack is very nice too! 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:20 am The "Vampire" jacks dropped today at a number of locations and there are still some available! Personally, I have to wait, but anyone who can afford one now should probably buy it, I doubt they'll be around for long! Similar prices at all locations. To see all the locations that sell Jack Wolf knives go to www.jackwolfknives.com ,(safe link!)and see the list! Their "Low Drag" jack is very nice too! 8)
I saw one site, all gone except 2 last time i looked. Sorry you have to wait, i know you have been waiting for these to drop for a long time. :(
Samb

Post by Samb »

Beavertail wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:49 pm I saw these on SMKW and was wondering why they are so expensive. ::shrug::
Is it because of the blade steel?
https://www.smkw.com/jack-wolf-sharpsho ... fat-carbon
Thinkin it could be because of the dark matter. I hear that stuff is expensive and hard to come by.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

cudgee wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:27 am
Madmarco wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:20 am The "Vampire" jacks dropped today at a number of locations and there are still some available! Personally, I have to wait, but anyone who can afford one now should probably buy it, I doubt they'll be around for long! Similar prices at all locations. To see all the locations that sell Jack Wolf knives go to www.jackwolfknives.com ,(safe link!)and see the list! Their "Low Drag" jack is very nice too! 8)
I saw one site, all gone except 2 last time i looked. Sorry you have to wait, i know you have been waiting for these to drop for a long time. :(
Thanks, cudgee! Things are looking up a bit so it might not be too long! 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:54 am
cudgee wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:27 am
Thanks, cudgee! Things are looking up a bit so it might not be too long! 8)
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::ds::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:38 am
Beavertail wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:49 pm I saw these on SMKW and was wondering why they are so expensive. ::shrug::
Is it because of the blade steel?
https://www.smkw.com/jack-wolf-sharpsho ... fat-carbon
Thinkin it could be because of the dark matter. I hear that stuff is expensive and hard to come by.
Those are the prices everywhere guys! On the website they post prices, and those prices are exactly the same as the dealers are charging! 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

I thought $300 was insane and ridiculous for a Chinese knife copying some other piece. Well, re-start the insanity folks, a new level of it is in the ionosphere, or higher. How does $599 PLUS tax strike you? Better sell your house and stop paying your mortgage payment if you're just getting into these kinds of knives. :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115582765805?_ ... %3A2047675
Attachments
s-l500 (5).jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I think the seller asking $599.99 for that Liong Mah is delusional. ::cb:: ::tease::

Here's another one that is up for auction. Even though this one has a plain Ti handle instead of the "tree bark" jigging, whatever it sells for will probably be a more accurate indicator of what it's really worth.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255795143002
Attachments
Liong Mah.jpg
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well, it took just 1 week short of a year for the Jack Wolf Knives "Vampire Jack" to drop the 2nd run, and this time I didn't waste any time thinking about it, I just bought mine!

As many of you know from reading my posts, place of origin, blade steel, edge retention, etc. have never been deciding factors with my knife purchases, appearance and price are far more important to me, so when these Chinese made more expensive models became available there really wasn't a lot of things to consider, do I like it and am I willing to pay the price were the only decisions I had to make, and they were easy decisions to make. I LOVE the knife and I have the money, easy! There must be others like me, cuz some colors are already sold out!

China and price aside, these are beautiful well made knives!
My "Vampire Jack" slip-joint comes in at 6 3/4" oal and sports an S90V long spear blade with a n/nick, all black DLC smooth Titanium hardware, and is liner-less.
Even it's paltry 2.7 oz. weight seems to feel acceptable and is complimented by how viciously sharp it came.
The 8 walk and talk isn't my favorite, but that's what "Steel Thumbnails" were made for, and the half-stop is most impressive.
And, I dare anyone to find a flaw in the fit and finish.
Another great feature is the run-up between the spring and tang, it's right up there on par with Moki knives. I tried showing it in my last picture, but it might be hard to see.
This particular folder would make for an ideal vest/change pocket gentleman's knife, IMO!

It has become clear to me that I seem to possess a kind of 6th sense when it comes to knives I think I'll like, cuz I'm rarely disappointed with a purchase, and that sense was in full gear when I first saw these knives, so much so that I waited patiently for a year to again have the opportunity to buy one, and I assure you I'm not disappointed, even with the higher price and place of origin! If you like fine knives like I do, do yourself a favor and put your prejudices aside and get yourself a copy, all other considerations will soon be forgotten, of this I am certain!
8)
WIN_20231103_12_54_10_Pro.jpg
WIN_20231103_12_52_29_Pro.jpg
WIN_20231103_12_53_25_Pro.jpg
If you enlarge my pictures you can see the detail much better! 8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:43 am Well, it took just 1 week short of a year for the Jack Wolf Knives "Vampire Jack" to drop the 2nd run, and this time I didn't waste any time thinking about it, I just bought mine!

As many of you know from reading my posts, place of origin, blade steel, edge retention, etc. have never been deciding factors with my knife purchases, appearance and price are far more important to me, so when these Chinese made more expensive models became available there really wasn't a lot of things to consider, do I like it and am I willing to pay the price were the only decisions I had to make, and they were easy decisions to make. I LOVE the knife and I have the money, easy! There must be others like me, cuz some colors are already sold out!

China and price aside, these are beautiful well made knives!
My "Vampire Jack" slip-joint comes in at 6 3/4" oal and sports an S90V long spear blade with a n/nick, all black DLC smooth Titanium hardware, and is liner-less.
Even it's paltry 2.7 oz. weight seems to feel acceptable and is complimented by how viciously sharp it came.
The 8 walk and talk isn't my favorite, but that's what "Steel Thumbnails" were made for, and the half-stop is most impressive.
And, I dare anyone to find a flaw in the fit and finish.
Another great feature is the run-up between the spring and tang, it's right up there on par with Moki knives. I tried showing it in my last picture, but it might be hard to see.
This particular folder would make for an ideal vest/change pocket gentleman's knife, IMO!

It has become clear to me that I seem to possess a kind of 6th sense when it comes to knives I think I'll like, cuz I'm rarely disappointed with a purchase, and that sense was in full gear when I first saw these knives, so much so that I waited patiently for a year to again have the opportunity to buy one, and I assure you I'm not disappointed, even with the higher price and place of origin! If you like fine knives like I do, do yourself a favor and put your prejudices aside and get yourself a copy, all other considerations will soon be forgotten, of this I am certain!
8)WIN_20231103_12_54_10_Pro.jpgWIN_20231103_12_52_29_Pro.jpgWIN_20231103_12_53_25_Pro.jpgIf you enlarge my pictures you can see the detail much better! 8)
Very nice, Marco! I have never owned a Jack Wolf knife but I've read nothing but exceptional feedback on them. I followed a thread awhile back in which folks were trying to guess who makes the knives. The overall assumption was that they are made by Reate but I don't remember if that was confirmed or not.

A question for you if you don't mind. I know you have an Ohio River Jack which I know to be made by QSP out of China. How would you compare your Ohio River Jack to your Vampire Jack?
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you kindly, Rick!

The only information regarding who makes these knives that I know of is from the TPK website where Austin states they are made in China, but nothing more. If Reate is a Chinese company chances are it comes from them, but that is just conjecture on my part. I would assume that as they become more popular such information will eventually be revealed, but again, that's just an assumption on my part.
When the time comes that you handle and scrutinize whichever model it is, you'll definitely see and feel how well made they are, price and China be damned.

As for a comparison between the Ohio River Jack and the Vampire Jack, the 2 knives both feel and appear to be very well made, although, the Vampire would be half a step up from the Ohio based on materials alone. But if you had both in your hands at the same time, you'd be hard pressed to pick one as being "better", they both have their own qualities and features that will impress even the staunchest critics.
My O/R Jack ran me US$125. on sale from $145., and my V/J Jack ran me US$299.99 and won't likely get a chance to go on sale since they will sell out quickly, I would think.

Hope this helps, buddy! ::handshake::
8)
WIN_20231106_21_20_14_Pro.jpg
WIN_20231106_21_21_40_Pro.jpg
I also recently received this QSP "Worker" lockback that I've yet to post, and I'm quite impressed with it! You should check these out as I'm certain you'll like them since there's nothing about them not to like!
WIN_20231106_21_22_44_Pro.jpg
WIN_20231106_21_23_30_Pro.jpg
I believe I paid about US55. from wherever it was I bought it!
8)

Return to “Chinese-made knives”